Contribute
Register

My Long G4 Cube Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, been following this page for a number of years. I started on my Cube 4 years ago, got busy at work and it sat on the shelf at work disassembled until this past Christmas when I picked it up again. I had bought a lot of the components and bench tested it with 10.10 installed and I am back at it again. The first thing I modded was the G4 power supply. I haven't seen that done yet, and kudos to anyone who may have as it was not a fun project. I managed to disassemble it, install a 12V/8A power supply and used the existing Cube power supply wiring and the motherboard connection once I de-soldered it. I am now into the assembly process, I'll post some pics as I go with the parts i am using but mind you they are 4 years old now and probably not the best I could do these days.

Well lets just say, 4 years old is not that bad. I am reviving an old build on an old Intel DH61DL with i7-3770. It has an old 1Gb Asus GT730 Silent, which I just found out is Kepler based, so loading up Catalina right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back