Contribute
Register

My LION OS X Build - Step by Step Guide to Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, Yes you're welcome. Let me know how it goes or if you run into any issues.

Juice!

Even once Lion has been installed there can be issues booting into it from the hard drive or even from iBoot.
it's a good idea to keep Snow Leopard 10.6.8 as well, on another partition on the same drive.

You probably will be able to boot into SL with iBoot and set up the bootloaders.
Once this has been done you should be able to boot into Lion from the HDD and then set that up as well.
Using SL as a kinda launchpad to get Lion up N running:)

Totally agree with you. Use Snow Leopard as a fail safe..... You can always go back and go through a new lion install.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Another thing you can do that works really well is to use XMove to put the installer on an 8GB USB stick instead of an 8GB partition at the end of an HDD.
If you have either Lion or SL running, Chameleon will see the stick, allow you to boot from it and even your DSDT will be loaded for the install.
One thing I noticed is that if you have more than one OSX install, (not necessarily on the same HDD) only the first one has to have an Extra folder.
Any other OSX installs in the same puter will load from the first DSDT if no others are present.
If each OS has it's own extra folder/DSDT then each OS will load them independently.

The thing with Lion is that it's fine booting if there is another Chameleon embedded OSX install on the same puter but it won't boot from an iboot disc like SL will.

Worth noting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back