Contribute
Register

My laptop won't boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not clear on the issue.
USB not working in OS X or just not working in Clover?

USB Keyboard works in Clover Legacy Boot Menu, but the USB Keyboard and the USB mouse BOTH don't work in OS X when I have Clover Legacy as my bootloader.

If ever this helps, only the USB Keyboard used to work under Chimera and OS X, but BOTH the USB Mouse and the USB Keyboard worked in OS X after running the Multibeast app post-install.

Edit: added words for clarity purposes because I was still prettu vague

USB Keyboard works in clover, USB Keyboard and USB mouse BOTH don't work in OS X.

If ever this helps, only the USB Keyboard used to work under Chimera and OS X, but BOTH the USB Mouse and the USB Keyboard worked in OS X after running the Multibeast app post-install.

Probably your USB is not configured correctly.
See FAQ for guides/related threads:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Why does your profile still say "Chimera"?
No one here is using Chimera anymore...

I formerly used Chimera because I had difficulties getting Clover to work and I just got my Hackintosh set up like very recently.

But you seem to imply you're not using Chimera now (you seem to be saying you're using Clover).
Therefore you should update your profile so it is accurate.

Q. My USB ports are not working; or internal bluetooth, camera, or other device is not working. How to fix?

Especially since 10.11, there have been many changes to the USB driver stack. Most often, you will need to create a custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext to inject the ports that match your hardware, along with other fixes.

The guide pertains to 10.11. Will it still work tho? On a side note, I purposely chose 10.10 because I wanted to avoid dealing with USB problems OS X El Capitan and above are known for.

But you seem to imply you're not using Chimera now (you seem to be saying you're using Clover).
Therefore you should update your profile so it is accurate.

Sorry. I stand corrected.

The guide pertains to 10.11. Will it still work tho? On a side note, I purposely chose 10.10 because I wanted to avoid dealing with USB problems OS X El Capitan and above are known for.

Some of those fixes ("IRQ fix", _OSI fixing, etc) may apply to 10.10.x, especially with the extremely old hardware you have.
For you to investigate.

Some of those fixes ("IRQ fix", _OSI fixing, etc) may apply to 10.10.x, especially with the extremely old hardware you have.
For you to investigate.
Alright. Will report back. It's currently 12am here and I'll get some shut eye.

For you to investigate.

I followed your guide, was able to edit config.plist but I am stuck at the point of discovering ports in IOreg. I cannot find the part where the USB devices(?) say EHC@xxxx or HS0x@blahblah. I am aware that I won't have XHC stuff since I do not have USB3 ports on my rather old machine.

I have attached pictures of my IOreg. Please tell me where I am wrong.

Attachments

• 20180713_101131.jpg
    20180713_101131.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20180713_101111.jpg
    20180713_101111.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
  • 20180713_101126.jpg
    20180713_101126.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 64
I followed your guide, was able to edit config.plist but I am stuck at the point of discovering ports in IOreg. I cannot find the part where the USB devices(?) say EHC@xxxx or HS0x@blahblah. I am aware that I won't have XHC stuff since I do not have USB3 ports on my rather old machine.

I have attached pictures of my IOreg. Please tell me where I am wrong.

Your old computer probably uses different names (from photo it seems to use USBx)

Your old computer probably uses different names (from photo it seems to use USBx)

I see. So it's basically okay to have USBx as names in making the SSDT patch?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back