Contribute
Register

My installation I hope this help someone. Motherboard Z87N - Wifi (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Z87N-WIFI Gigabyte - Processor i5
Graphics
Intel Chipset 4 (Temporarily)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

I'm a noob in TonyMac project but I successfully got my Mini Deluxe running like a champ, I'm writing this hoping that helps someone because it can be a little frustrating when building and installing, but don't give up.

My system:

Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache -
Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI - Intel Z87 Chipset LGA 1150
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless
Corsair Hydro Series H90 140 mm High Performance
Corsair - Neutron Series 120GB Internal SATA III Solid State Drive
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
Seagate 1 TB Hybrid hard drive - internal Serial ATA-600 2.5"
Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX Hybrid Computer

After putting all my computer together I burn a disc with iBoot Haswell version, I booted and insert the original Snow Leopard Disc and did a regular installation. (with a Haswell processor a bootable installation of Snow Leopard is not possible that's why I needed to upgrade to Mavericks. )

After installing Snow Leopard and the combo update using the MultiBeast is not really necessary to install drivers because is a temporary installation. You must reboot from the iBoot again, that's the only way to access this installation. After restarting your wireless and lan must be detected and ready to use. ( I install the
TP-Link PCI Express card and after the combo update my wireless was detected. )

Once able to access the internet update Snow Leopard Software ( The update is about 800 MB ). Is very important and necessary to make the Mavericks USB.

Having updated the Snow Leopard go to the Apps Store, login to your account and download Mavericks. Make sure your internet connection is stable this is going to help to have a perfect copy of the Mavericks and save us headaches as we move.

After Mavericks is download we restart and boot again from the iBoot disc.

We open UniBeast and we follow the amazing Tonymacx86 Guide. Be patience it take a while to make, is a lot information that is transferred to your flash drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html.

Very important: A lot guys are getting stuck on the Apple Logo after booting from the USB, what worked for me is updating the motherboard bios. ( Please if you update your bios is under your responsibility. )

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4600#dl

After updating the bios my installation was very simple and no flags needed.

Cheers...
:D

Thanks for this guide. I have the same motherboard. I "rented" a friends iMac for an expensive bottle of tequila, so as to make a Mavericks/Unibeast usb drive. Only to be thwarted by the fact that her iMac only had 1 gig of ram, and thus, the Mavericks app would not download. And thus I am out a bottle of tequila, and 36 hours of preparation.
My concern was whether I could get a Haswell CPU and Motherboard up and running with Snow Leopard to the point where I could download the Mavericks app.
I did not plan on enabling wireless, and so I do not have a wireless card for this build. Do you know if wired ethernet was working?

Snow Leopard (SL) on a Haswell build has been done many times before and is documented in the Snow Leopard Desktop Support forum section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/

The procedure is basically
:ch: buy the SL DVD from the Apple Store http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A
:ch: use the iBoot Haswell from this Forum's Download section to install the SL DVD installation (10.6.3)
:ch: don't install MultiBeast, but keep booting with iBoot Haswell
:ch: download the SL 10.6.8 Combo Update and install
:ch: go to the Apple Mac App Store, create an account and buy/download Mavericks
:ch: download UniBeast 3 and MultiBeast for Mavericks
:ch: create the UniBeast USB thumb drive
:ch: copy MultiBeast for Mavericks onto the UniBeast USB thumb drive, and
:ch: install Mavericks using the tonymacx86 10.9 Installation Guide​

Thanks for this guide. I have the same motherboard. I "rented" a friends iMac for an expensive bottle of tequila, so as to make a Mavericks/Unibeast usb drive. Only to be thwarted by the fact that her iMac only had 1 gig of ram, and thus, the Mavericks app would not download. And thus I am out a bottle of tequila, and 36 hours of preparation.
My concern was whether I could get a Haswell CPU and Motherboard up and running with Snow Leopard to the point where I could download the Mavericks app.
I did not plan on enabling wireless, and so I do not have a wireless card for this build. Do you know if wired ethernet was working?

you don't have to install SL first ... you can install directly from USB stick with OS Mavericks from friend or whatsoever
and at that point of installation, ethernet was working out of the box ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back