Contribute
Register

My install is f**cked... What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have TimeMachine backups ;)
They don't cover this kind of hackintosh problems lol

They do... sort of. Because if you keep your Unibeast USB, you can boot into the OS X installer and choose to restore a partition with Time Machine from the Utilities menu.

Well, some people lost their USB or only have one USB which they used for updating their BIOS after they used that USB for installing OS X

Problems got worse now :(
After 1 successful boot into the OS after moving the new .kext, it all started getting weird.
This is what happened:
I fixed the IntelCPUblabla error by putting the correct .kext on the drive which fixed it.
Was able to boot into the OS without problems, but when I shut it down again and tried to boot into it again,
it took really long before it pushed me to the login screen. Usually it loads so fast that it won't even show the loading thing. When it finally pushed me to the loginscreen, my keyboard was not working.
My wireless mouse (it's receiver is in the keyboard usb port on the side. yes, it's an apple keyboard) DID respond but I could not click with it. Moving around with the mouse worked though....
Replugging the devices did not work unfortunately.

So i rebooted into the OS again. This time, it gave me a really weird KP which I have never seen before.
I rebooted my PC so I could get to see the message again and to make a picture of it but this time, it was a different KP...
EVERY reboot gives a different KP, never seen this before.

Also, another weird detail: I have MacDrive on Windows and it gave errors like "the harddrive is unreadable" when I tried to access it. Repairing the drive with MacDrive fixed this issue, but rebooting into that harddrive brought back the issue again. What the hack is going on? If this is a Hackintosh thing I might buy a real Mac....

Thanks in advance.

Problems got worse now :(
After 1 successful boot into the OS after moving the new .kext, it all started getting weird.
This is what happened:
I fixed the IntelCPUblabla error by putting the correct .kext on the drive which fixed it.
Was able to boot into the OS without problems, but when I shut it down again and tried to boot into it again,
it took really long before it pushed me to the login screen. Usually it loads so fast that it won't even show the loading thing. When it finally pushed me to the loginscreen, my keyboard was not working.
My wireless mouse (it's receiver is in the keyboard usb port on the side. yes, it's an apple keyboard) DID respond but I could not click with it. Moving around with the mouse worked though....
Replugging the devices did not work unfortunately.

So i rebooted into the OS again. This time, it gave me a really weird KP which I have never seen before.
I rebooted my PC so I could get to see the message again and to make a picture of it but this time, it was a different KP...
EVERY reboot gives a different KP, never seen this before.

Also, another weird detail: I have MacDrive on Windows and it gave errors like "the harddrive is unreadable" when I tried to access it. Repairing the drive with MacDrive fixed this issue, but rebooting into that harddrive brought back the issue again. What the hack is going on? If this is a Hackintosh thing I might buy a real Mac....

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about you, but I don't trust stuff (3rd party file system drivers) like MacDrive. Your issues sound like a corrupt volume to me. If you had a Unibeast USB, you could boot into the OS X installer and do a "Repair Disk" from Disk Utility...

It has been a while now but I got rid of all the issues thanks to paragon and 7-zip for Windows.
I used those 2 programs to place the new Chimera into my OSX harddrive using Windows.
That fixed it, my "Mac" booted again :)

It has been a while now but I got rid of all the issues thanks to paragon and 7-zip for Windows.
I used those 2 programs to place the new Chimera into my OSX harddrive using Windows.
That fixed it, my "Mac" booted again :)

Glad you have it working...

It is kind of funny. Windows rescuing OS X. Like a Ford pulling a Chevy out of a ditch...

As long as the ford does the job. After doing the job, it can be ignored again :p

I have OSX Mavericks running. Installation went as smooth as never before :)
Only thing was that I got the Boot: 0 error because my SSD is 240Gb.
Have been dealing with that problem before so wasn't a problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back