GTX670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey peeps,

I just updated my OSX Lion to the latest version, restarted, and now it gives me a KP right in the kisser.
It looks like it is caused by intelcpupowermanagent.

Specs:
Asus Z77 Sabertooth + Intel Ivy i7-3770k (OC'ed)
Mem: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 16Gb
HDD: Crucial M4 240Gb SSD2
GPU: GTX670 Asus 4Gb Edition
Additional PCie: None.

How can I solve this? I do not have an extra drive to make install on and remove any conflicting drivers....
I have tried booting with -x, -v, all that stuff.... Still insta KP on apple bootscreen.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey peeps,

I just updated my OSX Lion to the latest version, restarted, and now it gives me a KP right in the kisser.
It looks like it is caused by intelcpupowermanagent.

Specs:
Asus Z77 Sabertooth + Intel Ivy i7-3770k (OC'ed)
Mem: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 16Gb
HDD: Crucial M4 240Gb SSD2
GPU: GTX670 Asus 4Gb Edition
Additional PCie: None.

How can I solve this? I do not have an extra drive to make install on and remove any conflicting drivers....
I have tried booting with -x, -v, all that stuff.... Still insta KP on apple bootscreen.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sounds like you forgot to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement after the update.

To fix:
- boot your install using your Unibeast USB and bootflag "-f"
- once at the desktop, use the latest Multibeast for Lion to install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Thanks! *tries to find Lion USB*

EDIT: Bagger, I found the USB I used for it but it does not have the installer on it anymore....
What do I do now?

I've never used it (always keep my Unibeast USB), but you could also burn an rBoot CD...

I have found the USB I used back in the day for installation but it does not have the installer on it anymore....
What now?

Why not just delete the Intelcpupowermanagement kext? - after dragging a copy somewhere safe for later - and then also delete caches. Then when you re-boot it should figure it all out and boot eventually back to the desktop and you can then go about installing what you need.

EDIT: Apologies - Just saw that you have no other machine to work from to do this. Sorry, but one way or another you'll need a working machine to get you out of this - either to create another Unibeast drive or to plug your HD into so that you can correct your install directly.

I have found the USB I used back in the day for installation but it does not have the installer on it anymore....
What now?

See post #3.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just delete the Intelcpupowermanagement kext? - after dragging a copy somewhere safe for later - and then also delete caches. Then when you re-boot it should figure it all out and boot eventually back to the desktop and you can then go about installing what you need.

I'm pretty sure you need one of: NullCPUPowerManagement or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement to boot.

I hope I do not get banned for posting this.....

But here is how I fixed it WITHOUT ANY type of unibeast device, multibeast, none of it has been used in this process.

The problem:
Mac OS X Hackintosh install not bootable after installing newer version of OS which required a newer version of this kext:
---- AppleIntelCpuPowermanagement.kext ----
Upon boot, it shows a Kernel Panic (also known as KP) which refers to the .kext named above.
This problem can usually be fixed by booting into a UniBeast USB drive, but if the person in particular DOES own this device
but is unable to find this object maybe caused by not cleaning up their ****, he or she is in deep trouble....

UNTIL NOW:
Here is my little tiny tutorial on "How to install a kext on your Mac Installation without another Mac, UniBeast USB Drive, or any of that kind".

!!WARNING!! FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY! IF YOU DO THIS WRONG, YOU WILL RUIN YOUR WHOLE INSTALL!!

Step 1: Download the MultiBeast from this website (with your WINDOWS system(!!) which contains the .kext you need to install.
Step 2: Download MacDrive (trial or paid, doesn't matter)
Step 3: Download 7-zip
Step 4: Open your Mac OS X harddrive with MacDrive and navigate to the location of the .kext you need to remove.
Step 5: Open 7-zip, and open the MultiBeast.pkg inside it. Navigate until you find the .pkg which has the same name as the .kext you you need to have.
(in my case, that was AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, so try to open AppleIntelblablabla.pkg)
Step 6: Keep opening weird files and folders inside that .pkg of the driver you need to have until you find a folder that has a .kext
extension and the EXACT name of the kext you need to have.
Step 7: move this .kext folder onto your Mac OS X drive and place it in the directory where it should be.
Done! Restart your PC into Mac OS X and if you copied the right kexts, it WILL work!

PLEASE Admins, just delete this post if it is against the rules, I am sorry if it does, I am just trying to help people out
that got into the same **** like I did.....

...and now you have recovered from it make a bootable clone of your drive. Really, I get into so much experimenting I would never dream of doing an install change anymore without having a bootable back up.

Sorry if that sounds preachy. Just that hard drives are not expensive and making a bootable clone of an OS X install is one of the simplest things you can do.

Glad you got it sorted.

:)

I have TimeMachine backups ;)
They don't cover this kind of hackintosh problems lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back