Contribute
Register

My iMac - Dell Optiplex All-in-One 9010, Need your expert help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

Well this is my first post. I've read and read and read more both before, during and after my installation and yet I'm finding myself here - stuck! My original plan was to just go out and buy an iMac to replace my Mac Mini, then I decided to use some hardware I had coming to me by way of work and try to make it a hackintosh. The computer itself is a 2013 Dell Optiplex AIO 9010. The specs for the machine are as follows:

OptiPlex 9010 AIO EPA Touch with Camera
3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770S Processor (Quad Core, 3.10GHz, 8MB, w/ HD4000 Graphics), Optiplex 9010 AIO
8GB, NON-ECC, 1600MHZ DDR3,2DIMM,OPTI 9010 AIO
23-inch WLED Full HD All-in-One Display, Dell OptiPlex 9010 AIO
Intel; Integrated Graphics w/o Adapters, OptiPlex
1TB, 3.5" HDD, SATA 6Gb/s, 32MB Cache, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
TOUCH LCD, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit, Latitude, OptiPlex, Precison, English
Intel vPro Technology Enabled, Dell OptiPlex 9010
8X Slimline DVD+/-RW, CyberlinkPowerDVD,No Media, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
Heat Sink, Mainstream, Dell OptiPlex 9010 AIO, CT
Intel Wireless 6235 half mini-PCI3 WLAN, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
OptiPlex AIO 9010 Up to 90 PSU, Touch with Camera

It originally came with Windows 8 and the thing has a full touch screen which I'm happy to give up touch to have a solid and stable build of Mac Moutain Lion. Having said that, I've currently been blocked by what appears to be an unsupported CPU. The output from Unibeast in verbose mode is here:

AIO.jpg

Other things I should note about the install as I've been successful in getting into the OS via safe mode is:

1. Bluetooth when enabled in the BIOS causes another hang - expected
2. Wifi does not work - expected but figured maybe there is a workaround for the model listed above?
3. Integrated camera does work!
4. All USB ports are working - expected
5. Audio driver tries to work, getting some garbled and static sounds when audio played - assuming I need to configure this?
6. Touch is of course not working :)

What I'm hoping to do is with the help of the community, to patch together something which works - can someone please provide some input on the CPU issue?

Thanks! Ed.

Hi All,

Well this is my first post. I've read and read and read more both before, during and after my installation and yet I'm finding myself here - stuck! My original plan was to just go out and buy an iMac to replace my Mac Mini, then I decided to use some hardware I had coming to me by way of work and try to make it a hackintosh. The computer itself is a 2013 Dell Optiplex AIO 9010. The specs for the machine are as follows:

OptiPlex 9010 AIO EPA Touch with Camera
3rd Gen Intel Core i7-3770S Processor (Quad Core, 3.10GHz, 8MB, w/ HD4000 Graphics), Optiplex 9010 AIO
8GB, NON-ECC, 1600MHZ DDR3,2DIMM,OPTI 9010 AIO
23-inch WLED Full HD All-in-One Display, Dell OptiPlex 9010 AIO
Intel; Integrated Graphics w/o Adapters, OptiPlex
1TB, 3.5" HDD, SATA 6Gb/s, 32MB Cache, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
TOUCH LCD, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit, Latitude, OptiPlex, Precison, English
Intel vPro Technology Enabled, Dell OptiPlex 9010
8X Slimline DVD+/-RW, CyberlinkPowerDVD,No Media, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
Heat Sink, Mainstream, Dell OptiPlex 9010 AIO, CT
Intel Wireless 6235 half mini-PCI3 WLAN, OptiPlex 9010 AIO
OptiPlex AIO 9010 Up to 90 PSU, Touch with Camera

It originally came with Windows 8 and the thing has a full touch screen which I'm happy to give up touch to have a solid and stable build of Mac Moutain Lion. Having said that, I've currently been blocked by what appears to be an unsupported CPU. The output from Unibeast in verbose mode is here:

View attachment 57522

Other things I should note about the install as I've been successful in getting into the OS via safe mode is:

1. Bluetooth when enabled in the BIOS causes another hang - expected
2. Wifi does not work - expected but figured maybe there is a workaround for the model listed above?
3. Integrated camera does work!
4. All USB ports are working - expected
5. Audio driver tries to work, getting some garbled and static sounds when audio played - assuming I need to configure this?
6. Touch is of course not working :)

What I'm hoping to do is with the help of the community, to patch together something which works - can someone please provide some input on the CPU issue?

Thanks! Ed.

I don't think it is a CPU issue. Issue is likely graphics issue. Focus on getting your HD4000 to work properly. Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes? It might be that is like a laptop (LVDS display) and you will need to look at DSDT edits (or EFI device-properties string) to set ig-platform-id to one that is compatible.

WiFi won't work (no support for Intel WiFi in OS X), you should look at replacing it with a compatible model. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/97099-wi-fi-bluetooth-cards-laptops-mac-os-os-x.html

You need to run System Info from Olarila.
It will tell you what you have.
Other solutions for bluetooth and wifi : pick USB adapter for bluetooth from Customac recommendations.
Wifi try Rosewill EasyN1 USB wifi. ( Get drivers from Ralink ).
USB is good solution also.
Once you get bluetooth working try bluetooth audio.

In a previous discussion of AIO or thin board a moderator speculated about edits to LVDS details.
Also consider using a temp external display.

Someone may have tried this before ..Search

Hi RehabMan,

Thanks for the note, I did try the GraphicsEnabler=Yes and incidentally No ;-). Neither of those worked, hangs in the exact same spot. Any other ideas are appreciated!

Thanks! Ed.

Hi, what's the domain name of the site for System Info? Forum blocked the link...

Thanks! Ed.

Thanks RehabMan, I'm reading like a crazed lunatic now, thought I knew roughly how the world worked from all of my previous reading and I'm just realizing now that I've got a long way to go!

Ed.

Thanks RehabMan, I'm reading like a crazed lunatic now, thought I knew roughly how the world worked from all of my previous reading and I'm just realizing now that I've got a long way to go!

Ed.

BTW, you can also do it with DSDT edits. We use this patch on the ProBook:

Code:
#
# Use this patch if your laptop has the standard 1366x768 screen
#
# Use dual-link if you have 1600x900 or have upgraded
# to 1080p screen.
#

#   Inject HDMI info into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "hda-gfx",\n 
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Or for dual link display:

Code:
#
# Use this patch if your laptop has 1600x900 or higher
# resolution screen.
# 
# For example, 47x0s (17") or 45x0s with 1080p user
# upgraded screen.
#

#   Inject HDMI info and dual-link into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL00,DualLink",\n 
        Buffer() { 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "hda-gfx",\n 
        Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n 
        Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,ig-platform-id",\n
        Buffer() { 0x04, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

Either way you're injecting properties into ioreg that the display driver reads, which affects its behavior. Normally these properties are injected by Apple's BIOS/SSDTs...

There is also Enoch's branch of Chameleon that has some additional configuration items in org.chameleon.Boot.plist that you can experiment with. In the end, all techniques do exactly the same thing.

Thanks RehabMan,

I'm going to have to apologize in advance as I'm really new to this and need to ask, how exactly am I supposed to do the injection? I'm assuming that I'll have to boot into safe mode (-x), then get using something like IORegistryExplorer do the injection? If there's a guide I'm happy to read and follow!

Thanks! Ed.

Hi All,

Well good news. I was able to get video working but honestly having performed as many steps as I did I'm not entirely sure how I made it work :(

Just as a further background, the Dell Optiplex All-in-one is a UEFI based system and while I tried diligently to get the Clover bootloader to work with the UEFI bios, I ended up reverting back to the legacy bios.

Once reverting back to the legacy bios, I was able to boot into the build using my Unibeast Mac Mountain Lion usb stick with the -x flag. From there I installed multibeast and chose the standard settings (EasyBeast Installation). After this I rebooted and encountered the Boot0 error whereby I reloaded the Mac Installer and performed the steps listed here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

After successfully fixing that I simply rebooted and voila, the system booted and I now have full HD 1920x1080 video. Honestly I have to say it looks BEAUTIFUL!

Remaining issues I have now are as follows:

1. After the install of Multibeast, I now have no working ethernet. The device shows up in the Network section of settings but for some reason it cannot get an IP Address. Interestingly as well I also have another adapter in there which says: PCI Serial Adapter(22), any thoughts?

2. Audio is still not working, I do believe I have a realtek alc269, I'm assuming I need some file to patch so this works?

3. CD/DVD drive is working!

4. Bluetooth and Wifi obviously won't work and I've already ordered compatible USB adapters.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks! Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back