CPU
i7-2600
Graphics
Radeon RX640
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a Gigabyte Z68XP-3UDR based system which I recently upgraded to OS 10.7.5 from SL. I was trying something and ended up upgrading the BIOS from original F1 to F5. Now I can't boot it in Mac OS from hard drive or using external iBoot CD. When I select iBoot after inserting the CD the system crashes immediately with a KP. If I select to boot Mac OS, I get a blank screen. Has any one faced similar problems? Please help.

I have already tried changing BIOS configuration, removing RAM chips, reverting back to old BIOS version.

thanks,
Pranab Bhowmick

i7-2600K
GA-Z68XP-3UDR
ATI Radeson HD5750
12GB RAM,

Were you using a DSDT in /Extra? If you were, you should have deleted it before you tried to boot after the BIOS update as it would no longer be valid - DSDT must be extracted from the current BIOS version.

Hi, thanks for your response. I have tried to copy the new DSDT file for the correct BIOS version to /extra folder using MacDrive on my Windows partition. But it didn't help. What is really puzzling me is that, I can't even boot using iBoot to do a fresh SL install. I am worried that the motherboard is no longer capable of supporting Hackintosh. It's really frustrating, all because of a BIOS update. Here's the screen cap of the KP when I choose iBoot option using the iBoot CD.

Is there anything in BIOS settings that may have got reset other than SATA->AHCI and HPET->64-bit?
thanks,
Pranab

i7-2600K
GA-Z68XP-3UDR
ATI Radeson HD5750
12GB RAM

Attachments

• iBoot KP log.jpg
    iBoot KP log.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 328
Here's the screen cap of the KP when I choose iBoot option using the iBoot CD.

Is there anything in BIOS settings that may have got reset other than SATA->AHCI and HPET->64-bit?
thanks,
Pranab

When you boot with iBoot you are not supposed to select the iBoot icon to boot. You are supposed to remove the iBoot CD, replace it with the SL install DVD and hit F5 to refresh so you can see the SL DVD icon and select that to boot with for a clean install.

What happens when you boot with iBoot and select your normal OS X HDD to boot?

Hi, thanks for your response. I have tried to copy the new DSDT file for the correct BIOS version to /extra folder using MacDrive on my Windows partition. But it didn't help. What is really puzzling me is that, I can't even boot using iBoot to do a fresh SL install. I am worried that the motherboard is no longer capable of supporting Hackintosh. It's really frustrating, all because of a BIOS update. Here's the screen cap of the KP when I choose iBoot option using the iBoot CD.

thanks,
Pranab

i7-2600K
GA-Z68XP-3UDR
ATI Radeson HD5750
12GB RAM

pbhowmick

Have you checked to BIOS settings in SATA - see if it was reset to IDE needs to be AHCI.

Many BIOS updates reset everything to factory default settings.
This is why I don't reccomend updating BIOS on a HACK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back