Contribute
Register

My hardware is compatible for a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG Maximus VII Impact
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I spend some time reading this forum this days, I think in try run "hackintosh" in my computer, I have a good pc for my use, since I buy a new ssd this week, maybe I can try do a dual boot with windows?

My specs are:

i7 4790k
ROG Maximus VII Impact (Z97)
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Aero 8G OC
2 x 8GB G.SKILL TridentX F3-2400C10D-8GTX
New NVME m.2 evo 970 500gb (in use right now - Kingston 240GB HyperX Predator M.2 SSD)
Corsair RM750 750W 80 Plus Gold
Cooler Master Nepton 120 XL

Any ideas? treads to read? our any help to try this.

Thx in advanced

Hi,

I spend some time reading this forum this days, I think in try run "hackintosh" in my computer, I have a good pc for my use, since I buy a new ssd this week, maybe I can try do a dual boot with windows?

My specs are:

i7 4790k
ROG Maximus VII Impact (Z97)
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Aero 8G OC
2 x 8GB G.SKILL TridentX F3-2400C10D-8GTX
New NVME m.2 evo 970 500gb (in use right now - Kingston 240GB HyperX Predator M.2 SSD)
Corsair RM750 750W 80 Plus Gold
Cooler Master Nepton 120 XL

Any ideas? treads to read? our any help to try this.

Thx in advanced

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6 (with Nvidia web drivers for your GTX 1080), but not the latest Mojave due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers for your graphics card (unless you were to run on CPU integrated graphics by removing your graphics card, which I don't think you want to do).

Since you are going to use a NVMe SSD, however, you can only use High Sierra at this point since Sierra has no support for third party NVMe SSDs.

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Your system should be compatible with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6 (with Nvidia web drivers for your GTX 1080), but not the latest Mojave due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers for your graphics card (unless you were to run on CPU integrated graphics by removing your graphics card, which I don't think you want to do).

Since you are going to use a NVMe SSD, however, you can only use High Sierra at this point since Sierra has no support for third party NVMe SSDs.

First thanks for your opinion and for share your knowledge with me, its my very first time doing this so i am now nothing, can I make you some questions?

I have some 2,5 ssd here, and have the Kingston 240GB HyperX Predator M.2, what its the best choice for mac os, and I dont care of run windows in another sata ssd if need for this try, but I like and need have dual boot on this machine.

I have a asus monitor ROG Swift PG279QA, i possible use windows with display port using gtx card and mac os connected to HDMI on board video, so when I boot, I just choose the in video method on monitor?

Can I install the last version with graphics card plugged(only for windows), and for mac use only onboard card.

If you want make more advice, I will like, thank you again, can you direct me to the best way to do this(post on this forum with information to install).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back