Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon Rx-570
Hi,
I have been using my Hackintosh with Mojave using the motherboard Designare z390 for more than one year and it worked perfectly.

However, the computer shut down yesterday for no apparent reason and since then I have not been able to make it work.
Now, when I start it, it takes somewhere between a few seconds to a few minutes before my computer shuts down (check the video:
).
I don’t know what is the problem but I know something is wrong because when the red LEDs at the bottom right corner off my motherboard are on, it means something is not functioning properly.
Can someone PLEASE help me? I really need to get my computer to work again, because I need it for my work!
Thanks

Last edited:
Connect a motherboard speaker to your system. If there is an issue the motherboard is set to produce a series of 'Beeps', which indicate which device/component is causing the issue.

You should have been provided with a motherboard speaker when you bought the motherboard. It needs to be connected to the front panel connector on the motherboard.

31L4hV+f6fL._AC_.jpg

When the speaker is connected you need to listen carefully when you start your computer. It should produce some beeps singly or in a series. They can be long beeps or short beeps, they mean different things depending on the length and number of beeps.

The speaker connects to the 'Red' 4-pin space highlighted in green rectangle below.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 14.24.20.png

Looking in your Motherboard manual it shows there are four led's in the bottom right corner, depending on which of the four are lit indicates a problem with a specific device/component.

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 14.31.57.png

It is not clear from the video you provided which LED is showing an issue, as the light cycles through the DRAM, VGA and CPU LED's before the system cuts off completely.

The manual doesn't provide a lot of information on these LED's:

Screenshot 2021-08-13 at 14.35.54.png

It switches between LEDs, it usually starts with VGA and end with cpu for like half a second before it shuts down

Things for you to try:
  1. Have you tried removing and resetting the 4 x RAM modules to see if that helps?
  2. Have you tried booting with just 1 x RAM module to see if that helps? You may need to try a single RAM module in each memory slot. You may need to test each module separately to see if one is bad.
  3. Have you removed the Corsair CPU cooler, reseated the CPU and replaced the thermal Paste between the CPU and AIO cooling block?
  4. Have you removed and reinstalled the Graphics card, including any power cables?
  5. Have you tried booting with only the IGPU enabled/connected?

Thank you for your help!
For some kind of reason my computer just happened to work again, but if this problem happens again I will try these things out.
Thanks again friend!

Glad to hear it started to work again. Possibly moving the case helped something reset/reconnect.

I would still recommend you look at the Graphics card and RAM Modules to ensure they are fully functional, before something else is damaged by one of them being defective or poorly/loosely fitted etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back