Contribute
Register

My hackintosh is not recognized by app store after Yosemite upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked for me on Asus g73JH Yosemite :thumbup:

Only missing thing for me is sound now :)

I went through all of the suggested procedures. I have my ethernet card working and can bring up the App Store but I cannot log into my account.

I tried creating a new account thinking that your account could be tied to hardware it was established with but I cannot create a new account either. I get a message "Cannot Connect to the Apple Store" even though I could bring it up and browse through it.

My ethernet BSD name is en0.

EDIT: Finally in and in process of purchase / download........have doubts it will make it without stalling and asking to re-log in.

EDIT: I contacted Support and learned that Apple.com has been experiencing a string of outages.

The following post help me to fix this issue of not being about the login to Apple App Store or iTunes.
Hello,

Hope this can solve the problem.

Open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.

Then, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Or alternatively, drag it to the desktop (as a backup, in case things go wrong).

By removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have effectively reset the network configuration for Mac OS X. Reboot (you may have to reconfigure your internet connection afterwards).

Picking up where kurosagi's post left off (the part about reconfigure your internet connection)... After removing your network interfaces and rebooting, the order you reinstall your network interfaces is important.

After you reboot, go back to your System Preferences > Network. Click the + button at the bottom of the left column. On the window that comes up, choose Ethernet first! (Important! I chose Wi-fi first my initial time through, and it didn't fix the problem). Click Apply. Then click + again and add your wi-fi. Click apply again, and your wi-fi should connect.

At this point, I rebooted, and tried an App Store update again, and it worked!

If Ethernet is not an option on your drop-down, then close the settings, open up Multibeast, and install a network driver (for me it was the Intel1000 driver). Once you've installed the driver from Multibeast, reboot again. Then go back to System Preferences > Network, click the + and you should see Ethernet in the drop-down. Create Ethernet first, and then click Apply. Then go back and add Wi-fi.

The reason why you have to add Ethernet first (afaik) is to ensure it's set as en0.

Hope that helps someone!

I know this is an old tread but you guys all helped me maintain what little hair I have left. I tried so many solutions and finally you all got it to work. Bravo.

Hello,

Open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.

Then, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Or alternatively, drag it to the desktop (as a backup, in case things go wrong).

By removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have effectively reset the network configuration for Mac OS X. Reboot (you may have to reconfigure your internet connection afterwards).
Picking up where kurosagi's post left off (the part about reconfigure your internet connection)... After removing your network interfaces and rebooting, the order you reinstall your network interfaces is important.

After you reboot, go back to your System Preferences > Network. Click the + button at the bottom of the left column. On the window that comes up, choose Ethernet first! (Important! I chose Wi-fi first my initial time through, and it didn't fix the problem). Click Apply. Then click + again and add your wi-fi. Click apply again, and your wi-fi should connect.

At this point, I rebooted, and tried an App Store update again, and it worked!

If Ethernet is not an option on your drop-down, then close the settings, open up Multibeast, and install a network driver (for me it was the Intel1000 driver). Once you've installed the driver from Multibeast, reboot again. Then go back to System Preferences > Network, click the + and you should see Ethernet in the drop-down. Create Ethernet first, and then click Apply. Then go back and add Wi-fi.

The reason why you have to add Ethernet first (afaik) is to ensure it's set as en0.

Hope that helps someone!

This fix worked for me as well.

Thank You!

After doing a fresh install of Yosemite on a GA-Z68XP-UD3, same issues, tried all above. some other thread mentions making sure you have your boot plist with following:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

But I found I was also needing the following:
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Now can access App Store.

Hello,

This worked for me under El Capitan. Thanks!

Just wanted to say thank you.. resetting the lan's to the proper id's fixed it for me also :)

Hello,

This work for me, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back