Contribute
Register

My Hackintosh is a mess.. I need help doing a fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.
@VoiletDragon When I boot up my computer I get the Clover menu. From there I can choose 1.) Boot from External (My USB), 2.) Boot from Sierra (my SSD with unstable Sierra installed on) and 3.) Boot from recovery.

My main boot drive is ''Sierra'' (My SSD) and Clover has no problem booting with it. Sierra is up and running in 5-8 sec. I could do that 100x times without an issue. But the operation system is really ****ed up because of my lack of experience with building a Hackintosh so I'm trying to boot from my USB dongle to do a clean install. Wipe everything and start all over gain.

I can boot with my SSD without a problem but that's not what I want to do, I want to boot from my USB to do a clean install of Sierra and maybe this time do things ''correct'' but I can't boot from USB. It hangs on the Apple Logo forever and I get the spinning wheel. So I'm trying to look for ways to boot from my USB so I can start all over.

@VoiletDragon When I boot up my computer I get the Clover menu. From there I can choose 1.) Boot from External (My USB), 2.) Boot from Sierra (my SSD with unstable Sierra installed on) and 3.) Boot from recovery.

My main boot drive is ''Sierra'' (My SSD) and Clover has no problem booting with it. Sierra is up and running in 5-8 sec. I could do that 100x times without an issue. But the operation system is really ****** up because of my lack of experience with building a Hackintosh so I'm trying to boot from my USB dongle to do a clean install. Wipe everything and start all over gain.

I can boot with my SSD without a problem but that's not what I want to do, I want to boot from my USB to do a clean install of Sierra and maybe this time do things ''correct'' but I can't boot from USB. It hangs on the Apple Logo forever and I get the spinning wheel. So I'm trying to look for ways to boot from my USB so I can start all over.

How did you create you're pen drive did you use Unibeast method or terminal method?

How did you create you're pen drive did you use Unibeast method or terminal method?

I used Unibeast. I followed the install guidelines here. My Hackintosh worked straight away but when I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers I lost my WiFi so I started tweaking around with MultiBeast and Clover Configurator and just made a really big mess and now my computer is acting weird and nothing works. So I just desperately need to do a clean sweep of everything but I cant find out how to do it. On my MBP if I wanted to do a clean install I would just boot up in recovery mode but that isn't possible with Hackintosh so I'm completely lost.

I used Unibeast. I followed the install guidelines here. My Hackintosh worked straight away but when I installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers I lost my WiFi so I started tweaking around with MultiBeast and Clover Configurator and just made a really big mess and now my computer is acting weird and nothing works. So I just desperately need to do a clean sweep of everything but I cant find out how to do it. On my MBP if I wanted to do a clean install I would just boot up in recovery mode but that isn't possible with Hackintosh so I'm completely lost.

Well id recommend doing a clean install to clean everything up. Which WIFI card do you have?

@VoiletDragon Thanks for sticking with me and trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

I also want to do a clean install and that's what I was trying for 4 hours yesterday but it got me nowhere. I just can't get the USB dongle to boot from the Clover menu. It loades for maybe 3-4 minutes but then it freezes when the loading bar is 90% :(

My WiFi card is TP-WDN4800

@VoiletDragon Thanks for sticking with me and trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

I also want to do a clean install and that's what I was trying for 4 hours yesterday but it got me nowhere. I just can't get the USB dongle to boot from the Clover menu. It loades for maybe 3-4 minutes but then it freezes when the loading bar is 90% :(

My WiFi card is TP-WDN4800

TP-WDN4800 is native. Re-do Unibeast but make sure its in UEFI mode.

Native meaning? And Re-do Unibeast.. So you're saying I should make the USB disk all over again? Formating it and creating Unibeast again?

Native meaning works out of the box no need for tweaking. And correct. See how that goes.

Native meaning works out of the box no need for tweaking. And correct. See how that goes.
Ok I will do that tonight. But what do you think the problem is here? Why do you think that creating a new Unibeast USB will solve the problem and that it will boot up without problems? Just curious :D

Ok I will do that tonight. But what do you think the problem is here? Why do you think that creating a new Unibeast USB will solve the problem and that it will boot up without problems? Just curious :D

Not sure what the problem is. Could be corrupt. Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back