Contribute
Register

My hackintosh has been working for over three years - all of sudden i'm having a lot of trouble! HEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 Intel H55
CPU
Intel i5 - 2400 @ 3.10GHZ
Graphics
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Like stated, I've had a working hackintosh for a little over three years now. I've never tried sleep because it had never worked but a few days ago I was feeling adventurous and put my computer to sleep. Of course, it still didn't work, and when I restarted my computer I got the prohibited sign. Since then, nothing has worked. I've been trying to use a usb disk to boot up into install mode so I can use my time machine backup and do a fresh install. However, I can't use "ALT" to choose disk or enter recovery mode or anything. Seems really messed up - I can usually figure it out after a few hours but nothing's working. I attached three pictures of the problem.

In the apple logo picture, it usually ends up with the prohibited sign but for some reason it did the kernel panic that time, so I posted that

In the one that ends with "2.03" - thats in verbose mode for startup. Also, I get a "Still waiting for root device" after about of minute of just sitting in verbose mode.

IN the last one, thats when in verbose mode trying to boot up with the USB drive.

Attachments

• Kernal panic start up .jpg
    Kernal panic start up .jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
  • Bootable USB - verbose.jpg
    Bootable USB - verbose.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • Verbose Mode - Startup .jpg
    Verbose Mode - Startup .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 264
Still getting a "still waiting for root device".

thats just one of your three issues remove applehda kext for the voodoo kp 2, ioacpiplattform rollback kext is needed then may need flag UsekernelCache=NO or ahci=1 debug=8 for the still waiting for root device error looks like u updated without combo update might as well do a fresh install it will be faster

thats just one of your three issues remove applehda kext for the voodoo kp 2, ioacpiplattform rollback kext is needed then may need flag UsekernelCache=NO or ahci=1 debug=8 for the still waiting for root device error looks like u updated without combo update might as well do a fresh install it will be faster

Well, I made a bootable USB from my brothers computer so I go revert to a time machine backup - but that's getting a kernal panic as well. Should I try a DVD?

theres no dvd unless u r running snow leopard also please edit your profile/signature per tmx rules then u will get better help

Okay - I updated.

Is there a special kind of install bootable USB i should be using for the hackintosh?

Use your Time Machine Backup and reimage your HDD to a earlier time before you had the problems. Look on tonymac web sight for the Video on how to use time Machine. It has saved me a few time whew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back