Gigabyte B450M S2H
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello everybody,

First of all, thanks a lot for the support provided in this website, I did my first hackintosh 1 month ago.
I was really lost and the topics helped me out a lot.

Everything went well, but when I'm using too much ram (I think), the hackintosh freezes, and I can't do anything except booting it manually. The mouse doesn't move, if some music is on, it stops, if something is downloading, the remaining time freezes, well you get it, nothing moves no more.

My ram is well installed and functional (24 gb checked with memtest 86). GraphicsEnabler is on "No". My bootloader is Chimera.

Here are my specs :

- Gygabyte Z97 D3H
- I5 4460
- 24 gb of Ram
- GTX 750 2 Go
- Corsair CS 550M

This is my first post, so ask me if you need some more informations.

Thanks

By the way, I switch the mac profile with Chameleon wizard when it freezes. I tried several iMac profiles, some Macpro also, but nothing worked.

Then, I uninstalled safari because I thought it could be the reason of the freezings, but no.

Actually, my mac profile is iMac 14,2.

I already installed the nividia drivers, and I don't have a screen problem no more.

The hackintosh freezes when the ram is excessively sollicitated. For example, Final Cut is running, i'm surfing on the web, and i want to open up my mails : when I click on the mail logo on the dock for instance, the hackintosh freezes.

If it can help, here is my Chameleon Boot list :

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

I 2nd the memtest idea.

I had lots of 'freeze' issues but mine was resolved by selecting the correct Sysdef of 14,2 (by using Wizard like yourself). The amount of memory shouldn't be a problem (I have 32GB) unless there is a problem with it, which memtest should highlight. One thing that I would suggest is to let the test run for a while (I mean 24hrs)...not 1hr.

Other things you could consider is overheating but this would happen in any OS (so would a memory issue). You could try running HW Monitor in graph mode and if it hangs, check the temps.

If the memory passes the tests, I did find some other content in the forums about changing the voltage on the memory to make it more stable, you could investigate that.

Your HW selection is the normal type and the build process these days is solid so it would suggest something is wrong below the OS.

Best of luck.

Thanks a lot for your answers, i LL keep you in touch in 3 weeks when i LL back from holidays.

Anyways, i ha vent tried testing the RAM via the mac. We LL see !!

I had similar freezes. I don't think they were load related. Just random.. Would be working and boom, freeze. I ended up reloaded the system using clover and haven't had a single freeze. Just throwing it out there, if you bang your head against the wall long enough, you might want to try using clover..

-B

After Switchi9ng to clover I had no freezes anymore. Worth a try...

Do I have to completely reinstall yosemite if i want to switch to clover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back