Graphics
Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, This is my first hack that I have ever made and it was working for about a month and I reinstalled the OS and ran MultiBeast after the install and when i restarted my computer it boot up until the apple logo and then the apple logo would go away and I get stuck at a gray screen :( I have tried the reinstall the OS but after the install is finished it goes to boot and still wont boot past the gray screen. I have tried safe mode and still wont work. If someone could please help me out that would be amazing, my system is listed below. Thanks

Mother Bored: gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU: Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
GPU: Asus GTX 660
Ram: Corsair 8GB
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
HDD: WD 1TB 7200RPM

I would go back to square 1 with your install process.

Can you get into safe mode? Try that (search the forums on how)

If not maybe re-install???

1) SL + IB iBoot
2) Update SL to newest version
3) App Store Download 10.8.3
4) install with IB iBoot
5) Multibeast 35.3

You could also try doing the reinstall without the graphics card in the box. the failure to boot could be a result of the 660 not being supported on whatever version of ML is being used for the install. If I remember correctly it was 1.8.2 that brought support for that GPU but I could be off, I do know 10.8.2 brought support for some lower level nvidia cards. In SL i'm fairly certain it would cause problems if you left it in, so definatly try a graphics card free install

I just made a new ML UniBeast drive and im going to try a reinstall of the OS if that dosen't work I will try a erase and install thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back