Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, i´m new to this forum and i really need your help.

My Radeon 4890 died yesterday after 1 year of great service, I had a GTX 560 put in and i tried booting it but no luck, kernel panic at login screen. ( I know i can´t just put in an card and hopes it works =)

But here to my main problem. I´ve been using 10.6.2 all this time and what is the simplest way to get it to work, upgrade to Lion or 10.6.7? I don´t really care if i have 10.6.2 cause all i do is Videoediting and PS. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be great!

My Specs: Gigabyte EX58 UD5, i7 920 , Corsair Dominator DHX+ 12gb, ASUS GTX 560.

Thanks!

Phuturistic said:
Okay, so how do i install Lion if i can´t boot into my mac?

You need to get a video card that is supported by Snow Leopard (like an 8800gt or 9500gt) so you can buy the Lion installer and use xmove to make a bootalbe partition... Borrow one from a friend or go buy one, use it to get everything installed and running, then return it. :shh:

Because your 500 series is not supported, to avoid having to got through all those steps above again, make a bootable flash drive with x-move, and then use r-boot to install.

kingpinjimi said:
Phuturistic said:

You need to get a video card that is supported by Snow Leopard (like an 8800gt or 9500gt) so you can buy the Lion installer and use xmove to make a bootalbe partition... Borrow one from a friend or go buy one, use it to get everything installed and running, then return it. :shh:

Because your 500 series is not supported, to avoid having to got through all those steps above again, make a bootable flash drive with x-move, and then use r-boot to install.

Thanks! Will try! =)

Phuturistic said:
kingpinjimi said:
Phuturistic said:

Thanks! Will try! =)

The new UniBeast will work too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back