My Geekbench specs show my Mac is running slow! Underclocked?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by atomicamp, Sep 4, 2017.

1. atomicamp

atomicamp

Mobo:
    BitFenix Phenom M
    CPU:
    intel core i7 6700k 4ghz skylake
    Graphics:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME Gaming Extreme (GV-N1080XTREME-8GD Premium )
    Mac:
    iMac
    Sep 4, 2017 at 5:11 PM #1
    atomicamp

atomicamp

Mobo:
    BitFenix Phenom M
    CPU:
    intel core i7 6700k 4ghz skylake
    Graphics:
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 XTREME Gaming Extreme (GV-N1080XTREME-8GD Premium )
    Mac:
    iMac
    I am a complete noob in every way and have never overclocked, let alone built a hackintosh until now. Eventually, I would like to overclock my new hack. However, now, I am more concerned with the fact that my geek bench scores of my current build show pretty severe underperformance. I have no idea how to get my new hack to fully utilize its processor. From the looks of it, my multicore cpu charts is equal to that of a Mac Pro (mid 2012), and my single core cpu charts are equal to an iMac (27-inch Retina Mid 2017, i5-7500 @ 3.4ghz). Both of these cpu specs seem much much lower than what my i7 6700k are capable of. How do I start to go about speeding up my hackintosh to match its advertised specs of the cpu? I have no idea even where to start. A step by step would be fantastic. I am using clover as my boot loader. PLEASE HELP!!!