Contribute
Register

My GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 just died, which board should I buy to replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock z75 Pro3
CPU
Intel i7-2600k Unlocked CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 TI 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I have the following hackintosh:

- Intel i7-2600k Unlocked CPU
- Gigabyte LGA 1155, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard r1.3 with UEFI bios.
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 TI 1GB Graphic card
- Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 Ram - 16GB
- Corsair Carbide 500R
- Corsair H60 Water Cooling Unit
- Corsair 120Go Force3 SATA 3 SSD
- Corsair HX650W ATX power supply

But the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard died last night. I was hoping you guys could suggest me a cheap board to replace it which has the best support possible in order to "rebuild" this really easy.

So the needed stuff is:

1) cheap
2) best support (out of the box?)

Many thanks for your suggestions. ;-)

You should check the Buyer's Guides from either November 2011 or August 2013. See if you can find any of the motherboards listed there. Those should allow you to use all your existing components.

Ok thank you. When looking at August 2013 suggested board they are 7-series. Are they compatible with my CPU ? I don't think so right?

the Z77-DS3H board is a good board from Gigabyte works OOB i.e Native CPU Powermanagement with no DSDT needed also the H61N-USB3 works good but with the H61N-USB3 you need a DSDT both of those boards will work fine with your CPU maybe you could find a nice second hand one :thumbup:

the Z77-DS3H board is a good board from Gigabyte works OOB i.e Native CPU Powermanagement with no DSDT needed also the H61N-USB3 works good but with the H61N-USB3 you need a DSDT both of those boards will work fine with your CPU maybe you could find a nice second hand one :thumbup:

Thank you. The challenge now is to find the board somewhere for sale. ;-)

I finally ordered an ASRock Z75 Pro3 for 109$ canadian dollars (with 30$ in-mail rebate = 79$). Hope it works well. Thanks again.

I finally ordered an ASRock Z75 Pro3 for 109$ canadian dollars (with 30$ in-mail rebate = 79$). Hope it works well. Thanks again.

Asrock 7 series has locked MSR in BIOS and will not support power management - KP on startup usually. Requires NullCPU kext or you can patch/flash the BIOS to unlock MSR.

Gigabyte is only OEM with MSR unlocked in BIOS on 7 series boards.

Asrock 7 series has locked MSR in BIOS and will not support power management - KP on startup usually. Requires NullCPU kext or you can patch/flash the BIOS to unlock MSR.

Gigabyte is only OEM with MSR unlocked in BIOS on 7 series boards.

Thank you for the information. Do you know where can I find the patched BIOS or the howto to patch the BIOS?

Thank you for the information. Do you know where can I find the patched BIOS or the howto to patch the BIOS?

forum search for PMPatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back