My first (non-virtual) Hackintosh GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 / 2500K / 550Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68
CPU
Graphics
550Ti
After days of struggling (OK, hours of not sleeping late at night... my 64 bit OS would not let me install UEFI BIOS, tried many different USB flash drives / USB ports on my Virtual Mac before I could get Mountain Lion USB setup finally working, oh and it took a long time to get the virtual Mac running too!).

Ok, so now I can boot to the SSD if I boot from my Unibeast USB stick. But, after I ran MultiBeast my system would no longer boot. So I tried booting with -x option and that works...

I've searched, but all the threads I found so far are for older versions of Multibeast with different options.

My questions are (and I'm happy if the answer is just pointing me to a thread or guide) with the current 5.3.0 MultiBeast: Which do I choose for:
1) Bootloader : Chimera

2) Audio - answer: Without DSDT ALC889 (I don't know if this is the best one, it's what I saw the person in the other thread showed to use and it's working)

3) Graphics: Not sure yet, acceleration does not seem to be working though my desktop resolution is fine. (2048 x 1152)

It's frustrating that when you re-run MultiBeast it does not show you which items you have already used it to install because I tried installing stuff with MultiBeast and my system would no longer boot, but when I look in the Extensions folder with "ls -lat" it does not seem to show today's date for all of the things I installed so I have no idea which .kext(s) to delete to get my system booting again.

Update: I removed the Voodoo audio kext and machine is working again.

OK, I followed this post: #17

And it boots fine, has sound, seems to be working.

Video not accelerated though, can't even watch a movie full screen. I would have thought that even "generic" nVidia driver support would be enough for fast 2d and older 3d games, but appears not to be the case. I will have to return my 550Ti and find some 6xx series card which will work without all these headaches. A shame because I need to find something under $100 and it looks like even with all the technological improvements, cards in that price range still won't be as fast as my years old GTX 460 in my Windows PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back