i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
First post from me on this amazingly good site. Seems like you guys over here mangage to solve a lot of problems, so hope you could help me a little. Right now I'm a little bit confused in what I need to install, and what' included in the DSDT-file i run, together with my installation of Multibeast. I followed the excellent guide on the Multibeast site, to the end. Managed to boot my computer (the setup of computer below is the one), after the whole install-procedure, to the OsX desk. I checked under Multiboot following:

* UserDST - and then renamed the file I downloaded from the DSDT Database to DSDT.aml and placed on the desktop (also flashed my BIOS back to the rev. that was the same as the DSDT-file, I downloaded)

* System utilities

What else do I have to install...drivers for the Ethernetcard, graphics..etc ??, and where to download them from, if thats the case. Do I use the "KEXT....something"? I tried installing some of the drivers that came with the multibeast (even that I didnt know if I HAD to..), but doesnt seem to work well...my computer seems to work at least when booting from the Iboot disk, but the graphic-adaper is not recognised, just working ok....can I expect my computer to finally work as a real Mac?
/Kind regards

turkiskpeber said:
Hi!
First post from me on this amazingly good site. Seems like you guys over here mangage to solve a lot of problems, so hope you could help me a little. Right now I'm a little bit confused in what I need to install, and what' included in the DSDT-file i run, together with my installation of Multibeast. I followed the excellent guide on the Multibeast site, to the end. Managed to boot my computer (the setup of computer below is the one), after the whole install-procedure, to the OsX desk. I checked under Multiboot following:

* UserDST - and then renamed the file I downloaded from the DSDT Database to DSDT.aml and placed on the desktop (also flashed my BIOS back to the rev. that was the same as the DSDT-file, I downloaded)

* System utilities

What else do I have to install...drivers for the Ethernetcard, graphics..etc ??, and where to download them from, if thats the case. Do I use the "KEXT....something"? I tried installing some of the drivers that came with the multibeast (even that I didnt know if I HAD to..), but doesnt seem to work well...my computer seems to work at least when booting from the Iboot disk, but the graphic-adaper is not recognised, just working ok....can I expect my computer to finally work as a real Mac?
/Kind regards
Check out Lnx2Mac's Blog for a step by step installation guide.

I'd hate to deny you the satisfaction of researching and finding this stuff out on your own, but here're a few hints:

Ethernet: RealtekR1000SL.kext
Graphics: EFI Strings or GraphicsEnabler
Audio: 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback + Legacy889HDA.kext
USB3: PXHCD.kext

Not to be snobby, but part of maintaining a functional hackintosh is to get to know your hardware, be aware of every kext or patch, so that you can troubleshoot and have a better understanding of what's going wrong when it goes wrong.

inimicus said:
I'd hate to deny you the satisfaction of researching and finding this stuff out on your own, but here're a few hints:

Ethernet: RealtekR1000SL.kext
Graphics: EFI Strings or GraphicsEnabler
Audio: 10.6.2 AppleHDA Rollback + Legacy889HDA.kext
USB3: PXHCD.kext

Not to be snobby, but part of maintaining a functional hackintosh is to get to know your hardware, be aware of every kext or patch, so that you can troubleshoot and have a better understanding of what's going wrong when it goes wrong.
Are you aware of my RTL81xx http://bit.ly/RTL81xx Ethernet driver ? ;)

Thanks alot for helping me out. Yes, Google is definately my friend, but sometimes i really prefer asking someone who knows, than search myself to...death... :? ..but of course I have to do my studies. I want to be more educated when it comes to DSDT, drivers and how to keep my computer running...I've been reading a lot of the guides on the Hackingtosh-sites, but it's a little hard for me, especially now in the beginning to know whats worth knowing, and whats not...when theres soo much to study, I want to know whats essential for me in the beginning...what should I concentrate on?

Think I did my lesson at least, when buying the hardware. Searched alot for the components, that seemed to work well for Hackingtosh, and hope I did the right choices there...now it's time for part 2 - getting it to run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back