i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody,

I've been around this fantastic forum a few months by now and I think it's time to present myself a little bit.
I'm not a very tech guy but I love to try to do tech things .

So, to keep it short I had a PPC G5 quad 2,5 water cooled and it started to act strange ,so I decide to make a hackintosh out of it. I'm not very inventive so I copied a lot from you guys especially from Kiwisincebirth. I like to keep it simple so my hackintosh is looking a lot like his.Thank you Kiwisincebirth for sharing.

I choose a Gigabyte z170 MX gaming 5 as motherboard (MX was a order mistake but I kept it, to lazy to send it back) with an i7-6700K. For PSU ,I choose Corsair AX760 80Plus Platinum which I tore apart, and I integrated it in the original case - bye bye warranty! I also changed all the fans inclusive the PSU one's. I also installed a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe which is super fast.

What more can I say?? I thing I'll post some pictures and if you guys have questions , don't hesitate .

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yesterday I added 2 front usb 3.0.
usb_front1.JPG usb_front2.JPG usb_front3.JPG

Wow. This looks very good!
How did you do the front USB 3.0?
I just bought this cable from amazon.de ( I'm in Belgium ) and I just took out the usb and firewire ports from the original front panel and I stick the two usb 3.0 ports on it.I stick them with some super glue .And they are working perfect.
The firewire port in the front of the case a adjust it to fit a usb stick with a very fine file .
I took out the usb and firewire from the front panel by grinding the solder until they fell out.I didn't try to unsolder them.To difficult.I did that with a Dremel .
Sorry I have not thinking taking some pictures .

evga980ti1.JPG evga980ti2.JPG Finally I could add a used EVGA GTX 980Ti to my Hakintosh. Installation was a pice of cake thank's to slim.jim who took the time to right such great tutorial. Once again thank you slim.jim. Actually I should thanks to all the people for them contribution to this forum. Thanks to you all ,I can run ElCapitan on pc hardware.

Hey, I am currently doing a mod and I have the same Be Quiet 92mm rear fans. They are really silent when removed from the case, but when I clip the plate to the holder, I can hear the case rattling. Did you have this problem and how did you solve it ?
I'm wondering if it's because I attached them backwards (blowing air into the case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back