Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, glad to join the community.
I have the following PC components on my actual working PC, and I want to turn it in 100% into a hackintosh. Can you guys please tell me if the components will work together and are compatible with a hackintosh build?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K
MB: Asus X99-A (Haswell-E)
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB
Memory: 16 GB
SSD: INTEL SSDSC2BW240H6 (223 GB)
HDD: 3 internal HDD from seagate and 1 external, Seagate aswell
Audio: Onboard Realtek ALC1150
Keyboard: Logitech G413
Mouse: Marvo m418
Monitor: Samsung UD970Q 4K Monitor

I think this is all the important stuff, no?
Really looking forward for your opinion guys, thanks a lot and glad to be here!

Hello guys, glad to join the community.
I have the following PC components on my actual working PC, and I want to turn it in 100% into a hackintosh. Can you guys please tell me if the components will work together and are compatible with a hackintosh build?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K
MB: Asus X99-A (Haswell-E)
GPU: GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 4GB
Memory: 16 GB
SSD: INTEL SSDSC2BW240H6 (223 GB)
HDD: 3 internal HDD from seagate and 1 external, Seagate aswell
Audio: Onboard Realtek ALC1150
Keyboard: Logitech G413
Mouse: Marvo m418
Monitor: Samsung UD970Q 4K Monitor

I think this is all the important stuff, no?
Really looking forward for your opinion guys, thanks a lot and glad to be here!

Yes, I think so. It is certainly possible to run MacOS on a X99 system. I have such a system listed in my X99 build and I run Yosemite / El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on it.

However, please note that the USB stick as generated by Unibeast will not boot on a X99 system without appropriate modification. Please check the links in this thread :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/will-my-desktop-be-able-to-hackingtosh.251071/

Hi :)

Thanks a lot for your reply i will follow the link and will give it a try maybe this weekend and come with feedback.
Will my current drives be accessible from OS system? i can't format them, are full with data. Will and can format only the SSD (OS SSD).

Hi :)

Thanks a lot for your reply i will follow the link and will give it a try maybe this weekend and come with feedback.
Will my current drives be accessible from OS system? i can't format them, are full with data. Will and can format only the SSD (OS SSD).

You mean the hard drives in your system? Are they in Windows format (NTFS) or Mac format (HFS+ / APFS)?

The hard drives in my system now are windows format NTFS, can i access them in macOS?

NTFS? MacOS can read them, but not write to them, not without third party software.

Any third party software that you can recommend for write on NTFS hard drives?

No idea as I have no experience with them. I have heard that some of those softwares may cause disk corruption so you have to be careful if you want to use them.

I understand, i will keep looking into that.
What will happen when an update the OS will the bootloader still works or i have to wait for a bootloader version for the update that i will install?

I header that nvidia gpu ( gtx 960 in my case) are not supported with the mojave hackintosh, i that right? Can we do something now to work, or will it be available soon or? Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back