Contribute
Register

my first hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
2011 mac mini and 2013 air
Hello world,

So I have decided to build a mac. The price differential v speed is to much. A maxed out Mini right now is $1600 for a dual core 3.5 ghz i7. with DDR3 ram.

Last time I made a computer Y2k was still a huge issue on the horizon. I have tried to follow the gene golden build. I'd like as easy a system as possible with everything working. I have pc envy. I was in a friends office who was running a gaming pc for his desktop and that thing was fast. it searched a 5,000 page doc in no time. My laptop and desktop take minutes to do the same searches. I'm not doing any great video or audio work, I just want speed for speed sake and to compensate for my lingering insecurities. Ideally id like to maybe dip my toe into some VR.

Heres what I'm thinking of getting. Please let me know if its a crazy stupid or crazy fast.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you. I have been reading this board for a few years now and have been afraid to post for fear that someone would embarrass me with the obvious. I'm a middle aged noob looking to build something. Any help is much appreciated.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-viii-gene-i5-6600k-gigabyte-gtx-950.181272/
storks system thread is something i would look at if i were going for that board. noone does a build thread like stork.

only things i would point out in that build are that the cpu cooler is outdated, there are better/newer options out there, and the wireless card. look at genuine apple wifi card to pcie conversions (inc blutooth onboard) or the larger fenvi cards with 802.11ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back