r7 265
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I've finally managed to build my first hackintosh running Sierra, here is the list of components and advice in case it helps someone.

Currently, I have everything running on an external HDD as I don't have any drives to spare and it's the weekend.

CPU: i7-7700
MB: Asrock H270 Pro4
GPU: Asus R7 265 2GB
RAM: 16gb Crucial DDR4 2400MHz

The tools used are UniBeast, MultiBeast and voodoohda in order to get the audio working.

I had to spoof the CPU to the Skylake id as instructed here.

The GPU works out of the box(support for 2 screens tested, hardware acceleration, metal...) but has the sleep issue present in AMD hardware.

In order to get the audio working I had to first install voodoohda after which I've ran MultiBeast selecting ALC892.

After you run MultiBeast you need to spoof the CPU ID again inside the clover config.plist, this time on the hdd you're installing.

Also Ethernet is working with the 200 series driver inside MultiBeast.

Power management for the CPU seems to be spot on, and the same goes for the temp sensors and pwm headers.

Hope this helps someone out and if you have questions I'll try to keep an eye on this thread.

I've just put together a similar build with the same motherboard but I'm running into issues with getting to the installer. I get a "no" symbol and error creating device in verbose mode. Did you manage to boot from one of the motherboard's USB 3.0 ports?

I've just put together a similar build with the same motherboard but I'm running into issues with getting to the installer. I get a "no" symbol and error creating device in verbose mode. Did you manage to boot from one of the motherboard's USB 3.0 ports?
I made a hackintosh with another Asrock board (Z270 Extreme 4) that also does not have any usb 2.0 ports. My case lacked them as well, so you are left with two options. buy a usb 2.0 header, or use a usb 2.0 flash drive! hope this helps.

Hello,
MB: Asrock H270 Pro4

Ive got a question
Can you send me your UEFI settings (or make photos), because i cant understand why all usb ports turns off after i initialize installation of OSX from clover

Asrock H270M Pro4 - is my MB

Ive got a question
Can you send me your UEFI settings (or make photos), because i cant understand why all usb ports turns off after i initialize installation of OSX from clover

Asrock H270M Pro4 - is my MB
Hello, did you finish with instalation? i have the same motherboard and i7 7700 and 1070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back