Motherboard
ASUS H270
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I've been wanting to build a Hackintosh for awhile now, and I just don't really know what parts I should get. I wanted to dual boot on the same hard drive with Windows 7 and install OS X with iBoot then upgrade to Yosemite from the App Store. I have a list of what I think I would get:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU: Intel Haswell i5 4590 3.3GHz
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 Ti Overclocked
Power: Corsair CX600M 600watt Modular
Case: BitFenix Prodigy mATX White
Hard Drive: Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive 64MB
Optical Drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite

Please feel free to criticize and give me tips. Thanks for the helpl in advance! :)

It's probably best to skip the hybrid drive altogether. If you can afford only one SSD in your
build then put the OS that needs the most speed on the SSD drive. Get a regular one TB HDD
for the other OS and data. As you know the optimal way to dual boot is to have two separate
SSDs, one for each OS. Then use the platter drive for storage.

It's probably best to skip the hybrid drive altogether. If you can afford only one SSD in your
build then put the OS that needs the most speed on the SSD drive. Get a regular one TB HDD
for the other OS and data. As you know the optimal way to dual boot is to have two separate
SSDs, one for each OS. Then use the platter drive for storage.
I would buy SSD's but I'm on a tight budget so would you recommend getting one SSD and one SSHD?

I would buy SSD's but I'm on a tight budget so would you recommend getting one SSD and one SSHD?

Yes, if you will be installing OS X on the SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back