GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there

I try to build my first Hackintosh.
I have a few questions and please help if you can.

The components chosen are:
- MOBO - Z97X-UD7 Gigabyte GA-TH
- CPU - Intel Core i7-4790K
- GPU - GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 760 OC WindForce 3X 4GB DDR5 256-bit
- 32GB - 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Tactical Quad Channel Kit Low Profile
- WD Black 1TB SATA-III 7200 RPM 64MB WD1003FZEX
- Houses - Super Flower SF-2000B Black
- Power suply - Super Flower Golden Green SF-700W 700P14XE
- Monitor - ASUS LED 27 inch 5ms black MX279H

I only use the computer for video editing full HD with FCPX, photo editing in Photoshop and Lightroom.

What I want is to improve rendering time. In Windows 8, but an hour rendering of a 1080p movie reaches 8 hours.

6 hours of wedding lasts 3 days (editing, DVD release).

That's why I want to build a Hackintosh.
I have a 13 inch Macbook Air and I want to install Yosemite on Hackintosh.

Questions:

1. Compared to an iMac or Mac Pro how powerful this system would be in video editing?
2. These components are 100% compatitbile?
3. Those who use video editing Hackintosh recommend this system for that?
4. What improvements can bring to edit faster but professional?

Thanks in advance.

Have you done any research on that motherboard? It seems like a challenge from hell to get the thunderbolt ports working and a lot of reports of slow boot times. Just wanted to warn you that there may be an extra layer of frustration on this one. :banghead:

Have you done any research on that motherboard? It seems like a challenge from hell to get the thunderbolt ports working and a lot of reports of slow boot times. Just wanted to warn you that there may be an extra layer of frustration on this one. :banghead:

Do you have any recomandation for a MOBO?

Please advise.

Honestly I can't. I should have prefaced my statement to you that I'm new at this as well and I'm looking to build a similar machine as you. I got excited about that same mobo so I googled the heck out it and it's always the same issues. So far I'm siding with the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H or the GA-Z97X-UD53. Seems people are having some decent success with these boards.

Hopefully somebody else will chime in here and either back me up or shut me up. I don't want to give the TH mobo a bad name if I'm totally off base here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back