Contribute
Register

My First Hackintosh — [WIP] The Build: HP ZBook 17 G6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Radeon Pro WX 4170 and 7100 mobile cards sourced from Dell laptops more likely to still have their EEPROM chips and associated resistor networks than ones sourced from HP laptops?
Probably Dell is a better option, I doubt HP's version has the EEPROM, mine was manufactured by GCE, bought on eBay.

No idea, they probably just make the cards then sell them to big name brands to stamp as their own

…you wouldn't still happen to have a valid link to the eBay description page for the card you purchased, would you, @theroadw? I'm still not having any luck finding one; only one seller I've noticed has only the VBIOS-less ones.

Thank you very much!

Edit: Wait, that's the same as the only guy I've seen selling them, and he said he doesn't have any with the VBIOS chip any more, or at least not at the moment, when I asked him recently.

Sorry that's where I got mine and got lucky I guess.
You must have gotten pretty lucky, then; I contacted that seller again, and they said they won't be getting any 4170s with VBIOS chips in.

THANK YOU!!! I don't do much shopping for electronics parts, so I might need some help finding these, but I'll start looking for them. Wow, I can't believe they figured it out! Today's a good day!

Last edited:
I may well want to find someone else to do the actual soldering on this job, though; this level of job may be beyond me…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back