Contribute
Register

My first hackintosh, it's fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Toshiba Satellite P50-ABT3G22 (UniBeast)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4700MQ/HM86
Graphics
Intel Graphics HD 4600 (Integrated), NVIDIA GForce GT 740M, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
Hi, i build my first hackintosh, the components are:

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (GV-N770OC-2GD) or EVGA(02G-P4-3771-KR)
Intel Corei i7-4790
Corsair 4x8 GB 1600MHz
Corsair Hydro H80i or Hydro H90
Corsair AX860i or AX860
Corsair Neutron 256GB x3
Corsair Carbide 330R
Corsair Fans x3
Western Digital Green 1Tb
LG BR-Burner (UH12NS30)
Sabrent Card-Reader (CRW-UINB)
Dell S2340L

I need work with three systems (Windows 8.1, Mac OS X 10.9 and Linux 14.04), can't decide for the water cooler and the Power Supply, heard the hardware corsair come with corsair link may be issues for install Mac OS, also read Corsair Carbide 330R are only compatible with Hydro H80i but i think not; and cant decide for the GPU two are good but is hard take a decision, i like the structure and style of EVGA but Gigabyte is more cheap and have a little more powerfull.

I really hope you can help me, thanks alot for your help and sorry for my english :)

You don't need to use corsair link. It's there if you want, but you would need windows to control it. I think you can set the settings in windows and then use it in any os after that. I believe the settings are stored on the cooler.

Consider an SSD as well. The green drives are nice, but an SSD will make your entire experience much better. I'm glad I went with an SSD over a traditional drive. The performance difference is amazing.

If you have the money for Noctua-brand fans, consider those. Corsair fans are fine, but are pretty noisy. Noctua units are much better but do cost a bit more per fan.

I don't know about the GPUs. Both are decent companies with good reputations for their hardware. Search the forum and see if anyone has issues with either card.

i'll buy three ssd to manage the three OS and the HDD is only for data, i'll read more about the Noctua Fan, so if don't have problems with Corsair Link i will buy it, thanks for all, you has clarified many doubts, thanks rockinwaggy

I'm thinking of using the z97 GT board for my first Hackintosh, too. Let us know how it goes once you get it! I'd love to hear whether you get it working or not.

Cheers,
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back