NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

My name is Juan and I would like to built my first Hackintosh. This is a new experience for me, I've never built a computer before, but I want to try and I think that I can do it.

First of all I've read about compatible components, and I've made a list:
- GA-Z87X-UD3H
- Intel Core i7-4470K
- GeForce GTX 760 2Gb
- Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2x8Gb
- SSD Samsung 840 EVO-Series 120 Gb SATA3
- HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
- Power Supply Corsair VS 650
- TP-Link 4800
- Case Corsair 500R

I've read about other users who have similar systems. Do you have any advise before I buy all this componnents?

I would like to install both OS: Windows and OSX. Is it better to use two differents drives, one for each system?

I wanted also to ask if I need a DSDT for my motherboard (I've not really understood if I need to make my one DSDT or can I use a standard one...). And the last question: what mean to boot or "booting with -v" for exemple.

Sorry if I make some dumb questions, but I don't have many technical knowledge...

Thanks!

Juan

Hello!

My name is Juan and I would like to built my first Hackintosh. This is a new experience for me, I've never built a computer before, but I want to try and I think that I can do it.

First of all I've read about compatible components, and I've made a list:
- GA-Z87X-UD3H
- Intel Core i7-4470K
- GeForce GTX 760 2Gb
- Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2x8Gb
- SSD Samsung 840 EVO-Series 120 Gb SATA3
- HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
- Power Supply Corsair VS 650
- TP-Link 4800
- Case Corsair 500R

I've read about other users who have similar systems. Do you have any advise before I buy all this componnents?

I would like to install both OS: Windows and OSX. Is it better to use two differents drives, one for each system?

I wanted also to ask if I need a DSDT for my motherboard (I've not really understood if I need to make my one DSDT or can I use a standard one...). And the last question: what mean to boot or "booting with -v" for exemple.

Sorry if I make some dumb questions, but I don't have many technical knowledge...

Thanks!

Juan

You parts list looks good.

Yes, best to have separate drives for Windows and OS X

no dsdt is needed for boards with UEFI BIOS and all Haswell Z87 boards have UEFI BIOS

to boot with a flag such as -v, you hit the spacebar at the Chimera screen after you make sure the drive you want to boot is selected (hi-lited) and start typing. This adds extra boot commands to what is already present on the boot device to allow you to see what is going on or to "toggle" something on or off.

Thanks for the response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back