Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Helo all

I'm new. I have ben browsing this and a few other sites for 5hrs so far about hardwear to start buying.

I have a larg tower, 2x dvd's, 250gb hdd(LOL), 2 external hdd(3tb back up's and 2tb media box), smal to medium size hydro set for 2 cpu's, a few crapy vga moniters, but load of fans and colling blocks in all sizes

I wan't to be abul to run multipul bots and at same time game or be abule to do some low end video editing and highe end music making.

my budgit is $ 800 - 2000 perferably but I can drop a lot more if its going to be 4+ year lasting pc.

Last edited:
Helo all

I'm new. I have ben browsing this and a few other sites for 5hrs so far about hardwear to start buying.

I have a larg tower, 2x dvd's, 250gb hdd(LOL), 2 external hdd(3tb back up's and 2tb media box), smal to medium size hydro set for 2 cpu's, a few crapy vga moniters, but load of fans and colling blocks in all sizes

I wan't to be abul to run multipul bots and at same time game or be abule to do some low end video editing and highe end music making.

my budgit is $ 800 - 2000 perferably but I can drop a lot more if its going to be 4+ year lasting pc.

Before we look at the hardware it is first important to consider your requirements regarding what applications that you intend to use and what version of OS X/MacOS that these require to run.
If you already have older music software licences that you wish to keep running then you may be tied to older versions of OS X such as Mountain Lion or perhaps Mavericks. If you are buying new applications then you can look at newer hardware but Mavericks will not run on the latest PC hardware.

The games that you wish to play may also be able to run on Windows, but If you wish to use macOS for at least some gaming then the hardware should be able to at least meet the games recommended hardware specifications and version of supported macOS for the best gaming experience from the actual game itself.

Low end video editing can be done with pretty basic specification and very modest graphics power - gaming will probably require much more powerful graphics than simple home video editing does. Modest gaming can be achieved even on a slighly older GTX 760 for a very modest price.

I do not know how much resources are taken up by a single bot, nor how many of these that you intend to run while gaming. Some games are not at all CPU hungry while others are. Music production is often quite CPU and RAM intensive - a full blown orchestra requires way more computing power than a few electronic instraments.

It sounds as if what you should be considering may be as a minimum a CustoMac Pro type build with Intel i7 processor, 16-32GB RAM as a base, more for complex large music projects. Graphics could be a GTX 760 or above.....

One quick point about VGA monitors is that they don't work well with macOS. You can use a DisplayPort > VGA adaptor as the best solution (while using VGA monitors) , you might get an active HDMI>VGA or DVI>VGA adaptor working, but it should be noted that these are often hit or miss. If you can find the budget to get at least one quality 24" or above IPS monitor that has digital video inputs then you will be happier with the system overall.

Some handy links:
System usage has a dedicated music section that I hope will be able to provide you with further information
https://www.tonymacx86.com/categories/system-usage.19/
If you absolutely have to run an older version of OS X, then the older buyers guides cover the older hardware that you will need to seek out.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...versions-of-os-x-using-older-chipsets.141225/

Looking for something with a little more GPU horsepower? If so have a look at the following thread for some X99 hardware:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...x-128gb-ballistix-sport-lt-gtx-980-ti.211621/

ty for your respons.

I do not have any software licences reqiermints.

I dont want windows any more(xp was the last good one ;) and I cant thaink of any windows only games and if I have to I can use wine. I tryed linux's thay are ok. I hear mac has the leading softwera for music editing. I did not thaink that the more modern osx is the leas compadabul old app's wuld be. Ty.. good to be awear of.

And for my bots ya thay realy dont take any resorces but I have not tryed the latest game bots and other's yet(12yr old laptop)
And for the moniters I asumed vga wuld be leas stres and heat on the grafix card but what ever is the most compadabul is what I'll go with.

EDIT: omg I invius of the x99 build.. any idea on what price tag ;)

Edit: well I added up a price on the x99 and my build came up to $1500 without the moniter. I do love that moniter. but it terns out I cant realy aford $1800+. :(

I wuld feal beader if I culd use 2x grafix cards. Did not find any builds with 2x grafix cards. I'm asuming that means I cant build/use 2x grafix cards with an osx !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back