Contribute
Register

My first ever hackintosh laptop....need some and help and advice please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html:

• WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)

I've got the (Qualcomm Atheros) AR5B195 in my 4530s.

Good Luck
-bth

It is best that Tech.Hack read the guide for himself. The 4540s has better WiFi choices than the 4530s due to lack of BIOS whitelist.

Also... Tech.Hack... please fill out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

First of all thank you guys so much for all the advice and help....really nice of you all to help out.

i will read the guide for myself as well as take everyone's advice.

i will also add my laptop details once I have purchased it which should be in a few days :)

Intel graphics work.

It appears SgtRoswell wrote "the graphics card" when what was intended "the Radeon graphics device (if present)" or "the discrete graphics device (if present)".

Of course thats exactly what I meant.

Hi everyone!

Really excited as i have got my 4540s now!

I'm just about to order the following WIFI card as i don't really care about Bluetooth; Broadcom 43224. Can someone let me know if it's better to have this WIFI card or Broadcom 4322?

Many thanks everyone....

Forgot to mention, i am from the UK does it matter if i purchase a WIFI card from USA or anywhere else?

Thanks

Last edited:
From the http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html:

• WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)
  • WIFI + BT: AR5B195 (not recommended), Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB (better OS X feature support)

I've got the (Qualcomm Atheros) AR5B195 in my 4530s. If you don't really need bluetooth, I might go with one of the others listed because the bluetooth on this card requires a firmware uploader kext for Yosemite that sometimes causes reboot on wake from sleep (Probably why its not recommended).

Good Luck
-bth

You missed this:
- HP Probook 4x30s: HP-branded Atheros AR5B195

4x30s has whitelist that's why you have to use AR5B195, or you have to rebrand other cards.

Hi nguyenmac

Are you saying that I have to get the hp branded atheros ar5b18095 card? Sorry for the noon question. Also my laptop is 4540s so it's newer than the 4x30s, does it matter ??

Hi nguyenmac

Are you saying that I have to get the hp branded atheros ar5b18095 card? Sorry for the noon question. Also my laptop is 4540s so it's newer than the 4x30s, does it matter ??

My post was only for 4x30s, not 4x40s. Your laptop does not have whitelist bios. I'd recommend BCM43225HMB and BCM4352HMB for your laptop cause it has bluetooth.

I can't seem to find any wifi cards in the UK. However I can find the hp broadcom 4322. If I just want windows and osx Internet to work, will this card be ok.

I can't seem to find any wifi cards in the UK. However I can find the hp broadcom 4322. If I just want windows and osx Internet to work, will this card be ok.

OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back