nVidia GTX770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I am waiting for Apple to release their Haswell Macs and Maverick to build my first custom mac.

At the moment these are the parts I picked. Do you think it'd be compatible? Any suggestion?

Thanks very much

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Arctic White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Monitor: AOC q2963Pm 60Hz 29.0" Monitor

Hi guys,

I am waiting for Apple to release their Haswell Macs and Maverick to build my first custom mac.

At the moment these are the parts I picked. Do you think it'd be compatible? Any suggestion?

Thanks very much

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 670 4GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Arctic White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Monitor: AOC q2963Pm 60Hz 29.0" Monitor
Everything looks great, I would get a 4770k though since you bought an aftermarket cooler. Besides that good choice on parts. But do you really need 32GB of RAM? I have 16GB and never ever utilize all of it, I cant imagine 32GB.Plus why do you need 1866mhz ram, 1600 is significantly cheaper and you will never notice the differnce?

yep you're looking good. Like Aaron said, if you plan to overclock you'll need the "k" version, if not that's cool too. Haswells aren't overclocking too great. I can't get past 4.4Ghz without running into high temps in prime95. Also, be careful picking a hard drive. I've seen overwhelming reviews talking about the reliability issues of seagate barracuda drives. Don't know about the sandisk, but Western Digital just came out with a 4tb "red" model for $229. WD seems to be fairly reliable. Your power supply should be enough, but you may want to go a little bigger if you plan on overclocking or expanding like adding another graphic card or upgrading it to something that draws more power down the road. Personally I would get a 650-750. Doesn't cost that much more and allows you some headroom for the future. Overclocking doesn't draw that much more and like I said 450 will be fine for what you've chosen so far.

Hi,
It's time for me to start my build and I'm wander if your AOC q2963Pm it works fine.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back