Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
TBD
CPU
TBD
Graphics
TBD
Hi Everyone,

I am a N00B in Hackintosh/CustoMac community. I have done previous builds of computers (PCs) and can diagnose some h/w issues (not all).

The intent is to dual/triple boot the system with OSX/Windows/Linux (in order of preference for the machine).

I was looking to create the build and realized that the next version of the CPUs are coming out within a month's time (source --> https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/comet-lake-release-date-performance-specs-price).
So, the question is... should I wait or pull the trigger on identifying a build?

Thoughts?
Chetan

Last edited:
There is always new technology in the pipeline, at some point you have to make a decision and go with it.
One thing to bear in mind is that if it is not in a Mac then it may not be supported in the OS (yet).

There is always new technology in the pipeline, at some point you have to make a decision and go with it.
One thing to bear in mind is that if it is not in a Mac then it may not be supported in the OS (yet).
Would you recommend pulling the trigger on the h/w and going with it now? I am worried I may be late in the game and not be able to find new h/w for the build (don't want to get used as it may not last as long).

don't want to get used as it may not last as long
I buy everything used on eBay. I just built a Hackintosh running Catalina on an old Intel DH61DL motherboard from 2013. You don't need to be on the bleeding edge, especially if this is your first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back