Contribute
Register

My first build, señores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I've been reading this forum for a long time now, and I'll replace my PC soon, so I thought, why not a Hackintosh? It seems to be reliable enough (more than a Windows which is updating all the time).

So my main problem was that from were I come (Argentina) the prices are really high. So I'll buy most of the parts in Amazon Spain and send them to here, and I'll leave stuff like a GPU for later.

This is the configuration:

Thermaltake Core V1 (mini ITX)
Intel I5 7600k Kaby Lake
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
Corsair Series VS550
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Crucial Ballstrix Sport LT 8gb 2400mhz

I plan to add a GTX 1060 later and another 8gb of ram.

What do you think? Am I getting the best performance for the money I'm spending or should I change some parts?

Thanks!!

I'm doubting about some stuff I've been reading here.

I would probably have to buy a wifi card or something, right?

This build it's planned to be done on August/September, so do you think there will be a full soport for Kaby Lake by then?

I would probably have to buy a wifi card or something, right?

This build it's planned to be done on August/September, so do you think there will be a full soport for Kaby Lake by then?

Yes, there will be support for Kaby L. by August for sure. You can use Ethernet instead of wifi. If you want to replace the Intel wifi with a macOS compatible one that's an option too.

Yes, there will be support for Kaby L. by August for sure. You can use Ethernet instead of wifi. If you want to replace the Intel wifi with a macOS compatible one that's an option too.

Perfect! Bc I was thinking about to change everything to a Skylake set up.

And I'll need a Wifi conection since I don't have any port for ethernet in my room.

Btw, I might have a lot of grammar errors, and I have to ask you to bear me, but English is not even my third language. So I hope you can understand me well :)

Perfect! Bc I was thinking about to change everything to a Skylake set up.

And I'll need a Wifi conection since I don't have any port for ethernet in my room.

Btw, I might have a lot of grammar errors, and I have to ask you to bear me, but English is not even my third language. So I hope you can understand me well :)

If you're considering wifi, I recommend this. It works out of the box in macOS Sierra.

P11451413612.jpg

Great antennas and rather cheap, at least in the UK, should be elsewhere hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back