CPU
I7 4790K
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm looking to build my first hackintosh with Sierra and was confused on where to start...

I will be looking to build a haswell build with the i7 4770k due to budget and was wondering if somebody could please answer my questions...

1) If I buy a motherboard suggested in the old buyer's guide how do I know what settings to apply to get everything working, I've seen so much on kexts and settings that its confused me?
2) How do I know if the motherboard will work with sierra?
3) Lastly, am I right in thinking only the motherboard matters with compatibility, and RAM, SSD, Cooler etc will not affect the installation?

Thanks for the help!!

Hi, I'm looking to build my first hackintosh with Sierra and was confused on where to start...

I will be looking to build a haswell build with the i7 4770k due to budget and was wondering if somebody could please answer my questions...

1) If I buy a motherboard suggested in the old buyer's guide how do I know what settings to apply to get everything working, I've seen so much on kexts and settings that its confused me?
2) How do I know if the motherboard will work with sierra?
3) Lastly, am I right in thinking only the motherboard matters with compatibility, and RAM, SSD, Cooler etc will not affect the installation?

Thanks for the help!!

1) Step 3 of the installation guide describes the BIOS settings that need to be adjusted. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

2) If it's listed in the buyer's guide I would feel fairly sure as a later generation board it would work with Sierra.

3) Partially correct. Just make sure that the RAM brand/model you select is confirmed as supported by the motherboard on the manufacturer's site.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the reply!!! Just one more question:
When setting up using multi beast how will I know the appropriate audio and network options for my system?

Thanks so much for the reply!!! Just one more question:
When setting up using multi beast how will I know the appropriate audio and network options for my system?
If you look at your motherboard in the Buyer's Guide you'll see listed the specific audio and LAN that it has. If it's Realtek ALC1150 for example, choose that in Multibeast. If the LAN chip is Intel, choose Intel. It's not too complicated. You can also look at a User Build that uses the exact same motherboard for guidance. There may be a few additional selections for different audio configurations.

Last edited:
If you look at your motherboard in the Buyer's Guide you'll see listed the specific audio and LAN that it has. If it's Realtek ALC1150 for example, choose that in Multibeast. If the LAN chip is Intel, choose Intel. It's not too complicated. You can also look at a User Build that uses the exact same motherboard for guidance. There may be a few additional selections for different audio configurations.

Thanks! Now off to research the right motherboard and setup...

Thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back