Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
internal
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi, I'm planing my first build but I still have a lot to learn, so far these are my components, would they work together well?

CPU i7 8700k
MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
RAM Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
STORAGE SSD Samsung 960 EVO NVMe, 250GB, PCI Express, M.2
3TB SATA (I already have)
GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse
PSU Cooler Master V750-750W
COOLING Noctua NH-D15S Processor Cooler
CASE CORSAIR ATX Carbide 270R

They told me that I can only have one boot with high sierra, is this true? can I have a second boot with mavericks or WIN 10?
Also, I want my system as quiet as possible and don't think that I need to do any overclocking

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I'm planing my first build but I still have a lot to learn, so far these are my components, would they work together well?

CPU i7 8700k
3TB SATA (I already have)
GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse
COOLING Noctua NH-D15S Processor Cooler
CASE CORSAIR ATX Carbide 270R

They told me that I can only have one boot with high sierra, is this true? can I have a second boot with mavericks or WIN 10?
Also, I want my system as quiet as possible and don't think that I need to do any overclocking

Thanks a lot!

You can of course have multiple MacOS versions on a system. I have El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on my system in different partitions on the same disk.

However, you cannot run Mavericks on this build as Mavericks has no support for new hardware.

You can also install and run Windows 10 on this build if you wish. The general recommendation here is to install High Sierra and Windows 10 on separate disks.

You can of course have multiple MacOS versions on a system. I have El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra on my system in different partitions on the same disk.

However, you cannot run Mavericks on this build as Mavericks has no support for new hardware.

You can also install and run Windows 10 on this build if you wish. The general recommendation here is to install High Sierra and Windows 10 on separate disks.

Thanks James! Will do that
Do you know how can I be sure if these components will work together before I buy them?

Thanks James! Will do that
Do you know how can I be sure if these components will work together before I buy them?

You can check the Memory Support List from Asus site to see if the RAM has been tested against the motherboard. CPU and graphics card normally will work and you don't need to worry.

However, I need to remind you about one possible issue : If you plan to add Thunderbolt 3 in the future, this motherboard won't do as it lacks a Thunderbolt header to support a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card.

Thanks again James will do that!
Not worried about thunderbolt 3. I do need firewire 800 but I read that it is supported

Have you bought your parts yet? Here's my Logic Pro X audio MAc build which runs flawlessly!

i7 8700k
Asus Z370 Prime-A
Corsair LED ddr4 2600mhz
Onboard graphics
Audient ID14 interface

Never had a crash and everything runs like a dream. Most stable hackintosh I've built so far.

Have you bought your parts yet? Here's my Logic Pro X audio MAc build which runs flawlessly!

i7 8700k
Asus Z370 Prime-A
Corsair LED ddr4 2600mhz
Onboard graphics
Audient ID14 interface

Never had a crash and everything runs like a dream. Most stable hackintosh I've built so far.

Hi swg, yes I just built it with this:

CPU i7 8700k
CASE Gabinete Corsair 760T Graphite Series

So far it turns on but I have no graphics or beep sound at start but I guess I need to ask for help in another post, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back