Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all! Warm and sunny greetings from Finland!

I tried to do a search, which somewhat overwhelmed me by the amount of results, so I decided to make my first post here. I've never built a PC or a Hackintosh before, so I'm eager, excited and a bit nervous too :geek:

The machines uses will be music video editing (just our personal projects) and a daw for recording and mixing. So I want it to be powerful and quiet. I also want to keep it cool as processing power is needed all the time.

So far the setup will be including:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC

Intel i7 4770k
or
Intel i7 4790 (k)

16 gigs of ram.

From what I've read from the all knowing internets, this mb SHOULD work fine with 4790. I've also read that the differences in manufacturing processes SHOULD make the 4790 more reliable in the long run. That and the small extra in processing power makes me want to buy the 4790 processor. However I'm not yet 100% sure if it'll work with the mb or not. Will see, or maybe some one could chime in and offer some insight!

And the cooling.. I need it to be silent. I've been looking at the Corsair H80. Is it quiet? Guess not. How do I make it silent without spending too much? I must admit that my knowledge on water cooling is not on par . . should try to take the time to check it out throughly.
I haven't been looking into graphics cards yet as these are my main concerns right now :beachball:

Help and opinions from you will be highly valued!!

You might find this website helpful:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/

Thank you, I'll look into it. From another thread on this forum I just read that the 4790 processor is compatible with Z97 boards only. So it looks like the 4770k will be as good as it gets with Z87 boards.. And if I'd like to update in the future, I should pick up a Z97 series mb.. There's a lot of things to catch up, as I really haven't been following the progression of hardware for over 10 years :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back