i7-870
Graphics
GTX 960
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I'm looking to build my first Hackintosh and I'm not really confident that things will play well with one another. I'm really a total newb when it comes to this sort of stuff and I'm finding it difficult to process all the information I'm taking in... any help would be appreciated.

Initially I was looking for the exact HP 3450s that are recommended (for beginners)… that was the XU015UT... which is difficult to find New, so I'm considering the HP 3450s A7K07UT (specs below).

So, my first question is: is the Hackintosh ability on the A7K07UT as pain-free as the HP XU015UT?

I understand that the onboard WiFi is problematic… is there a card anyone would recommend that would be trouble-free?

I'll need a Firewire port… somewhere I read that I can add a card… is that doable? any recommendations on one that would work?

And lastly, I'd really like to have 16GB of memory, and I plan on installing an SSD drive… will that pose any kind of problem?

Thanks in advance…
Rob

---

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/HP_ProBook_4530s/A7K07UTABA/11550057/pricegrabber/

HP ProBook 4530s (A7K07UT#ABA)

Intel Core i5 (2nd Gen) 2450M / 2.5 GHz ( 3.1 GHz ) / 3 MB Cache
4 GB DDR3
500 GB HDD / 7200 rpm
DVD SuperMulti DL
Intel HD Graphics 3000
802.11n, Bluetooth 2.1, Bluetooth 3.0 HS , Gigabit Ethernet

Buy a MacBook Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back