Register

[My Experience] Sierra to Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go
no evidence of AppleALC kext

also:
How and where to install kexts:

also not sure why you have put apple system kexts in clover/kexts/other???

I put them there when i was following the guide to update to catalina directly "2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here."

Pasted applealc kext to other and sound is back lol

thanks alot for your help

Last edited:
I put them there when i was following the guide to update to catalina directly "2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here."

So i have to install AppleALC kext in /Library/Extensions and use

before using kextbeast

right?
i would remove the apple kexts from clover

i would then install all needed 3rd party kexts to /L/E using hackintool

keep your essential kexts in clover

keep all kexts in /L/E

you will notice you have some duplicated kexts in both places which is fine

Pasted applealc kext to other and sound is back lol

thanks alot for your help
I have your exact MB Asus P8Z77-V PRO and I am using Intel HD 4000 for graphics, now I am using Mojave flawlessly without any issue but I want to install the last version of Catalina, so I have created a clean USB install of Catalina (10.15.3) from App Store and I installed last version of Clover 5103, while booting the loading bar is progressing but it stucks in half way (about 60 %) by mentioning a prohibition sign.

Can you please tell me which BIOS settings did you use and what are the necessary kexts that should I paste in my USB EFI folder?

Thanks mate.

while booting the loading bar is progressing but it stucks in half way (about 60 %) by mentioning a prohibition sign.
At clover press space bar and select verbose, take a photo of screen where loading stops and post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back