CPU
Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well, I am finally up and running with sound! Thank you very much to Tonymacx86 and everyone else in the forums here and at insanelymac.

With the exception of my USB wireless adapter, everything seems to be working beautifully.

I finally got the sound working and tested. I am not sure what made the end result was, but I downloaded at set of kext files from insanelymac and tried installing some of those. Surprisingly, after going into the BIOS and disabling the Azalia audio, then booting into OSx and seeing that there was no audio devices listed, then rebooting and turning the Azalia back on, voila! I am not sure if turning that audio off in the bios is what did it or not, but I was glad to hear the little bubble sound when I hit the volume on the keyboard!

I think Tonymacx86's guide and this forum have been amazing! Thank you very much! Time to update my profile with my new Hackintosh specs!!! :D

Also mine is the stablest Hackintosh i ever had! Thx goes all to Tony who made a perfect installation and DSDT for the UD2!

Before i had a Quad Core on a Gigabyte P35-DS3P, also stable but some minor problems.. (mainly with DSDT).

My Core i7 Hackintosh is totally awesome!!! For speed comparisons I tested out Handbrake 64bit last night and it took only 1hr and 20 minutes to encode my bluray of X-Men to use on my aTV. The same movie took over 12 hours to encode on my old G5 PPC. Unbelievable!

So I got the sound fixed yesterday and today I decided to go buy a D-Link DWA-556. Got it up and running in less than 5 minutes! Used the atherosfixed.kext and rebooted. The system detects it as airport. The only issue I can see is that the airport doesn't automatically reconnect after a reboot. No big deal though.

Now I just have to start migrating all my old stuff from my G5 and I am good to go!
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back