CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built myself a pc with the following have installed hackintosh mountain lion (back to windows atm) installs okay but then the graphics stuck at stock resolution and im not able to boot without using the usb (not tired audio etc yet).

MSI B75IA-E33 Motherboard
Core i3 3240
8GB Corsair Ram
500GB WD5000AZRX SATA3 64MB Hard Drive

I am also using cheap TP-Link TL-WN823N WiFi dongle and this does not work

Im a newbie at this never done it before but I do have good pc knowledge so be easy on me!

Anyone know if the integrated intel hd graphics on this cpu compatible as I'm still stuck at 1024x768

I built myself a pc with the following have installed hackintosh mountain lion (back to windows atm) installs okay but then the graphics stuck at stock resolution and im not able to boot without using the usb (not tired audio etc yet).

MSI B75IA-E33 Motherboard
Core i3 3240
8GB Corsair Ram
500GB WD5000AZRX SATA3 64MB Hard Drive

I am also using cheap TP-Link TL-WN823N WiFi dongle and this does not work

Im a newbie at this never done it before but I do have good pc knowledge so be easy on me!

The CPU integrated graphics (HD2500) on your Core i3-3240 is not supported under Mountain Lion. If you want full graphics you need to either change to a CPU with HD4000 graphics (such as the Core i3-3225) or add a supported video card (such as a Nvidia GT640).

Thanks for reply needed to know that, I nearly got that CPU only reason went for myne is because of faster speed and was going to add graphics later. Does everything else seem okay though?

Any ideas why I cant boot without usb (when I install drivers and this works it boots then I am on desktop with mouse pointer movable but am then unable to click on anything).

Cheers

Thanks for reply needed to know that, I nearly got that CPU only reason went for myne is because of faster speed and was going to add graphics later. Does everything else seem okay though?

Any ideas why I cant boot without usb (when I install drivers and this works it boots then I am on desktop with mouse pointer movable but am then unable to click on anything).

Cheers

Have you already bought the MSI motherboard? If not I would also recommend you to use a Gigabyte motherboard such as the GA-B75N or GA-H77N-WIFI (since you seem to want an ITX motherboard) as they are the most compatible in my opinion.

from his posts, it would appear he already has it. either way, those boards arent more compatible. the msi 7 series boards are just as compatible as any other.

macwannabe, as jb007 said, youll need a graphics card (or new cpu with hd3000/4000 onboard).
also, flash the bios for your board from https://biosrepo.wordpress.com/msi/

from his posts, it would appear he already has it. either way, those boards arent more compatible. the msi 7 series boards are just as compatible as any other.

macwannabe, as jb007 said, youll need a graphics card (or new cpu with hd3000/4000 onboard).

Cheers, if I flash will still run windows okay ?

It's cheaper get graphics card than sell and buy a different processor what's just below the gt640 that will work as I'm tight for cash atm as long as it's better than hd4000 it be worth it as I never play games.

Sorry To drag this thread up again, I have the same Motherboard and flashed my bios with the one suggested (at my own risk i know) and I could not get the pc to post, it would start, nothing on screen then restart. Any ideas?

Also I have a different CPU I have a Pentium G2120, would I need a separate graphics card for the tosh to work?

and could i just get confirmation it anyone has got this motherboard running as a custom tosh and any steps they may have done to get it working.

Thanks

G2120 has Intel HD Graphics - even more basic than HD2500. It is not supported, you must get a suitable graphics card. If installing Mountain Lion then a GT610, 620, 630 or any others from the buyers guide will work. If you need to install Snow Leopard before updating to Mountain Lion through the App Store then have a look at the graphics page in the Tony Mac Wiki.

:thumbup:

Adrian B

Thanks, I will get another Graphics card I have mountain lion on a USB stick and have tried installing that. do you know if the bios will need to be flashed and is the bios updates on the biosrepo website reliable? I did an update with that and now think my motherboard is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back