Contribute
Register

My build: Intel DP35DP + ATI Radeon HD 6870 + Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you happy with GraphicsEnabler=No?

No freeze, but dvdplayer quits

No freeze, but dvdplayer quits

I noticed in plist that you have graphics mode string 1920x1020x32.

Try removing it so the drivers can control the card. Just a thought. Let me know.

I noticed in plist that you have graphics mode string 1920x1020x32.

Try removing it so the drivers can control the card. Just a thought. Let me know.

I have done some other changes but now i get kp every boot
There is a place where it writes down so i can copy & paste here let you see?

Hi, Astromac,

I've had the same problem: mouse freezing every 5 secs after boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The solution, for me, was use AtiConfig=Duckweed on org.chameleon.Boot.plist with this key:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Duckweed</string>

I've got the DVD player quitting too and this thread helps me: http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-lion/17419-how-fix-idvd-error-70012-a.html?amp;goto=newpost

I've tested with a Rush DVD :) but I really didn't like image quality, but, at least, DVD Player doesn't quit any time I've tried to run it.

Hope it helps.

Andre

Hi, Astromac,

I've had the same problem: mouse freezing every 5 secs after boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. The solution, for me, was use AtiConfig=Duckweed on org.chameleon.Boot.plist with this key:

<key>AtiConfig</key>

I've got the DVD player quitting too and this thread helps me: http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-lion/17419-how-fix-idvd-error-70012-a.html?amp;goto=newpost

I've tested with a Rush DVD :) but I really didn't like image quality, but, at least, DVD Player doesn't quit any time I've tried to run it.

Hope it helps.

Andre

Thanks, but i have just that parameter in config file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Boot Banner</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
[B]    <key>AtiConfig</key>[/B]
[B]    <string>Duckweed</string>[/B]
    <key>Instant Menu</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi,

I've just finished Mountain Lion upgrade on my build and want to share it with other users. The described below was the same I've been using since SL:

Motherboard: Intel DP35DP
Memory: 8 GB (4 Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz PC2-6400 KHX6400D2/2G)
Display Adapter: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5 PCIE 11179-09-20G
Monitor 1: LG E2250 21' DVI Port
Monitor 2: Samsung SMB1630N 13' VGA through DP Adapter
Wired Ethernet: Intel E1000
Wireless card: TP-Link WN951N (recognized as AirPort Extreme)
Bluray/DVD Writer/Reader: LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 PRO USB Sound Card - Model SB1095

Tips on install:

1. Removed ATI6000Controller.kext from install media as suggested by this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...xx-white-screen-death-during-install-fix.html

2. Used GraphicsEnabler=No during Unibeast boot

3. After install process, I need to boot ML with GraphicsEnabler=No and run Multibeast 4.6.1, selecting EasyBeast

4. After installer finished, I've reinstalled ATI6000Controller.kext and changed my org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include the following key:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>

5. USB Soundcard worked OOB, recognized as SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, but with only two channel available so far.

After install, I have a fully working CustoMac identified as Mac Pro 2008 running smoothly without Kernel Panics or any problems with the hardware listed above.

Hope it helps other users out there.

Andre Moraes

Does sleep work? I have an old rig with this board too. The rewake does not work.

I have done some other changes but now i get kp every boot
There is a place where it writes down so i can copy & paste here let you see?

Astro, When you Boot enter Verbose mode -V and see the results and post them back here. I am at work today but i will be back later. You might even have it fixed:D

If you haven't fixed it is your set up the same as this thread, i.e mobo etc?
If its not then will move it to the correct thread.

Willow

If you haven't fixed it is your set up the same as this thread, i.e mobo etc?
If its not then will move it to the correct thread.

Willow

No, isn't the same
I'll open a new thread though the problem on the video card it's that

ps. with -v i enable the verbouse mode, but there is some trick to copy & paste or it's written somewhere so i can copy here or i have to write down by hand all the satanic error messages? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back