Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo U410 i7
CPU
i7-3537U
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi, im just seeking advice to see if the build i have in mind and going to be purchasing in the next few days is suitable, easy to put to together and install OSX, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

CPU: Intel i7 4930K
Motherboard: Gigabyte X79-UP4
RAM: Corsair Vengance 16gb(maybe 32gb if my budget can stretch it)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 2gb
CPU Cooler: Corsair 120mm H80i
SSD: OCZ VTX4 256gb
Storage HD: 3TB WD Green Caviar
Power Supply: Corsair AX760
Case: Fractual Design R4
WIFI Card: TP Link WDN4800
Blu-ray Drive: LG BH16NS40(the one in the buyers guide)
Firewire port: Startech PEX1394B3(according to a few thread, this is compatible?)

Will this be a suitable Hackintosh build?
Again, please any suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks

Please anyone? This is my first build and i will all the help i can get. :)

Please anyone? This is my first build and i will all the help i can get. :)

Board model listed does not exist. Try again. Everything else is in the Buyer's Guide and should work with any board listed in the Buyer's Guide.

Board model listed does not exist. Try again. Everything else is in the Buyer's Guide and should work with any board listed in the Buyer's Guide.

Im sorry it was a typo on my end, the board model is actually Gigabyte X79-UP4 which is listed in the socket 2011 build. Does this sound more suitable?

Thanks

Im sorry it was a typo on my end, the board model is actually Gigabyte X79-UP4 which is listed in the socket 2011 build. Does this sound more suitable?

Thanks

Much better. Should work, don't see anything that sticks out. Might take a look at using Crucial or other RAM, as there have been problems with Corsair and Gigabyte boards lately. For the firewire card, take a look at BoomR's builds - he has a couple of firewire cards working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back