Contribute
Register

My build didn't come with a DSDT. How do I get HDMI Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
iDell (XPS 8300)
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed Gravewyrm's guide for an "iDell", which is a Dell XPS 8300. I have a ATI HD5770 card, and I know the HDMI audio works, but I don't know how to enable it in OSX.

I originally tried following the guides posted here, but they all refer to DSDT edits to get them running, and this build doesn't even have a DSDT in the Extra folder.

I compiled one with the DSDT program in the guides, but I'm not sure if thats even what I am supposed to do.

Beyond that, there wasn't a PEGP in the search I did for it. I asked a question about the PEGP thing the other day, but I didn't quite understand the response. I am fairly knowledgeable with computers, but I don't know anything about DSDTs or how they work. Is there a "for dummies" guide to this type of thing?

Change your system definitions to mac mini in multibeast

I tried using the newest MultiBeast to change my system definition to Mac Mini, but whenever I run that edition of MultiBeast, I get an error at the end that says it failed to install, no matter what I choose in the options. The MultiBeast I have been using from Gravewyrm's guide works just fine, but does not include Mac Mini in the options for system definitions.

And toleda, that's an issue too because despite multiple attempts to ask support, there is no model number for the XPS 8300's motherboard. All they say when I ask them is that it's OEM and does not have a model to it. So I don't think that will work either.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back