Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I am looking to build a hackintosh for video work. I currently have a Mac Mini Server 2011 Quad Core i7 Sandy Bridge with 8GB of RAM and two SSD's in RAID-0. My Mac is fast but when it comes to the graphics card it falls behind due to the Intel HD 3000 Graphics card with 512MB memory. I also have this connected to 3 monitors. 1 Connected through HDMI, 1 Connected through mini displayport, and 1 Connected by USB to DVI.

I was hoping to create a stable build that will work well for my work load. I render videos daily in 1080p and footage coming from my T3i. I also want Multiple monitor support. I currently run 3 and would like to add more than 3 in the future.

Here is where I am at now:

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k Ivy Bridge
Motherboard: Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA
RAM: 16GB Corsair RAM 2 x 8GB
Power Supply:
Corsair Professional Series 650-Watt
Case: C
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]orsair Carbide Series 500R[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Graphics Card: ?????[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So basically my biggest issue is graphics card. I need something with multiple monitor support and graphics power for video rendering. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was planning to spend around 1200$.
[/FONT]
Any help is much appreciated!

Only option: HD6870(5 ports layout)

With this you are able to run 4 monitors and if you want more, the HD4000 will serve probably more 2.

Only option: HD6870(5 ports layout)

With this you are able to run 4 monitors and if you want more, the HD4000 will serve probably more 2.

So This graphics card is completely supported in Mountain Lion? Also the built in Intel HD 4000 is able to be used while using the graphics card?

Yes and yes. Only just one strange thing: you have to to use the HD4000 for the installation and when it's ready you can plug back the HD6870.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back