Contribute
Register

My boot seems to be slow...what can i check to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad Z500
CPU
Intel Core i7 3632QM
Graphics
Intel HD4000/Nvidia GeForce GT 635M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi i've seen that my boot seems to be a little slow...what's your boot time? i've clover in dual boot with microsoft 8.1....since i've installed clover my windows 8.1 boot faster, but yosemite seems slow...what can this be related?

Hi i've seen that my boot seems to be a little slow...what's your boot time? i've clover in dual boot with microsoft 8.1....since i've installed clover my windows 8.1 boot faster, but yosemite seems slow...what can this be related?

Look at your system.log. Each log line is timestamped. Boot starts at BOOT_TIME.

Look at your system.log. Each log line is timestamped. Boot starts at BOOT_TIME.

and where it end???is there a particular point?

and where it end???is there a particular point?

There is no clear marker. You can see where the window manager starts and the login screen is displayed if you read the log carefully.

You're looking for large differences in time at various points in the log.

I've tried to search abnormal wait time but i haven't find nothing...it spent between 50-60 seconds to boot...is it normal? i've read in the forum people with boot time of few seconds!:?:

I've tried to search abnormal wait time but i haven't find nothing...it spent between 50-60 seconds to boot...is it normal? i've read in the forum people with boot time of few seconds!:?:

Boot time of under ~10 seconds can be achieved with SSD.

Boot time of under ~10 seconds can be achieved with SSD.

Now i've "moved"(reinstalled and erased, of course) the kext from clover/kexts to system/library/extension and i've erased "voodooPS2controller.kext" because it generate a lot of "unable to load" error...i've élan driver and they work well...do you think that if i move also fake smc can it made changes? in a post you advice me to avoid the kext injection via clover...

Now i've "moved"(reinstalled and erased, of course) the kext from clover/kexts to system/library/extension and i've erased "voodooPS2controller.kext" because it generate a lot of "unable to load" error...i've élan driver and they work well...do you think that if i move also fake smc can it made changes? in a post you advice me to avoid the kext injection via clover...

Kexts should be installed to /S/L/E using a kext installer (such as Kext Wizard).

Not a good idea to mix multiple PS2 drivers...

If FakeSMC.kext is installed to /S/L/E, kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts will not be injected provided config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

Kexts should be installed to /S/L/E using a kext installer (such as Kext Wizard).
I've installed it with this method.

Not a good idea to mix multiple PS2 drivers...
I've followed the guide for the installation via usb...and it says that the kext must be there...then i think that i've made a good thing to erase it, or not?

KIf FakeSMC.kext is installed to /S/L/E, kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts will not be injected provided config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.
what do you think that is the best solution? to have it in /S/L/E or in EFI/Clover/kexts folder?

I've followed the guide for the installation via usb...and it says that the kext must be there...then i think that i've made a good thing to erase it, or not?

You need ps2 drivers in order to use your built-in keyboard/trackpad. You should choose drivers appropriate to your trackpad hardware.

what do you think that is the best solution? to have it in /S/L/E or in EFI/Clover/kexts folder?

I install all my kexts to /S/L/E. And I place essential kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts for booting Recovery and/or the OS X installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back