Inspiration 3558
CPU
Intel i3 5015U @ 2.1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, I've been having trouble getting into macOS Big Sur. I've created my own custom clover EFI folder which was made to work with my Inspiron 3558.
I also use a custom config.plist file and tweak the settings in the clover before booting.
I've done this many times with High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina successfully. Since Big Sur was different, I had to update the clover.
It booted into the installer and installed Big Sur successfully on my second hard drive with no problem, which I replaced the CD/DVD drive with. However, after the installation has finished, the OS was continuously looping, tried tweaking the quirks which was new to me. This has never happened before to me, what exactly is happening! What did I do wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20201115_132345.jpg
    IMG_20201115_132345.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 40
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 14-bk1xx-OC0.6.3
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Your product name is set to iMac13,2
I read on this website that iMac definitions do not work with Big Sur. Try changing the definition and try boot again.
Good luck!

S

Motherboard
Inspiration 3558
CPU
Intel i3 5015U @ 2.1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Your product name is set to iMac13,2
I read on this website that iMac definitions do not work with Big Sur. Try changing the definition and try boot again.
Good luck!

S
I use config_DELL.plist or along the similar name. Not the default one, forgot to mention

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I use config_DELL.plist or along the similar name.
Not correct. Clover will use the one that is named config.plist only. Delete the one that says config.plist and change the name of the DELL version to simply config.plist. Then Clover will use it.

Motherboard
Inspiration 3558
CPU
Intel i3 5015U @ 2.1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Not correct. Clover will use the one that is named config.plist only. Delete the one that says config.plist and change the name of the DELL version to simply config.plist. Then Clover will use it.
Like I've mentioned before, i tweak the clover settings(this also involves changing the config.plist) before booting. I once followed the procedure that you mentioned but the boot disks would not show up in clover, thats why I keep 2 config files, just for convenience :)

Motherboard
Inspiration 3558
CPU
Intel i3 5015U @ 2.1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
It looks like there is some bug in Big Sur, APFS related issue i guess. It gives additional lines with zeros when I plug and then unplug a external USB. There seems to be no thread talking about this issue in the whole internet, which I've did some research on. Just google the text written from the image I've attached in my original post. You'll find nothing related to this.

Motherboard
Cube mix plus
CPU
M3-7y30
Graphics
HD 615, 1920 × 1080
Hello, I've been having trouble getting into macOS Big Sur. I've created my own custom clover EFI folder which was made to work with my Inspiron 3558.
I also use a custom config.plist file and tweak the settings in the clover before booting.
I've done this many times with High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina successfully. Since Big Sur was different, I had to update the clover.
It booted into the installer and installed Big Sur successfully on my second hard drive with no problem, which I replaced the CD/DVD drive with. However, after the installation has finished, the OS was continuously looping, tried tweaking the quirks which was new to me. This has never happened before to me, what exactly is happening! What did I do wrong?
You need to boot in preboot.

Motherboard
Inspiration 3558
CPU
Intel i3 5015U @ 2.1GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
UPDATE: So I wasn't able to get into macOS. I've found out that OpenCore seems to get the job done better than Clover, so I made my own OpenCore EFI folder from here and it installed macOS and booted into the UI successfully.