Contribute
Register

my big clover mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello i'm Paul... and I'm French so sorry for my bad english.

Today I instal Clover, it work perfectly, but I wand to hide a volume, so I found how to on internet, BUT ! I accidentally hidden my OSX volume so I can't return on my mac to change the configurations of clover.

I haven't any ideas how I can fix that.

For information , the only volume I can see is for Windows 8 so...... I think I need Help .

Please

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello i'm Paul... and I'm French so sorry for my bad english.

Today I instal Clover, it work perfectly, but I wand to hide a volume, so I found how to on internet, BUT ! I accidentally hidden my OSX volume so I can't return on my mac to change the configurations of clover.

I haven't any ideas how I can fix that.

For information , the only volume I can see is for Windows 8 so...... I think I need Help .

Please

Use a USB to boot into your OS X install (perhaps the Clover USB you used to install originally).

Or, boot Windows, mount the EFI partition, and edit the config.plist from Windows. The EFI partition is FAT/FAT32 so it can be accessed in Windows and config.plist is just a text file. It can be a bit tricky in Windows because you need to run elevated in order to edits (meaning such edits will need to take place in an elevated CMD.EXE prompt).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks
but how i do to mount the EFI in windows , I don't have any ideas on that subject.

EDIT : I finally found by passing bi chimera boot loader.

Thanks a lot

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So , a last question to complete perfectly this topic.
How I hidden the second Windows 8 volume "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from Hackintosh" ?
2014-11-23 10.38.29.jpg

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Oh , yes I sen but I don't know hot to tel to clover "I want to hide this one" , because the one I want to hide avec the same GUID of my mackintosh volume :roll2:.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H 16Gb
CPU
Intel 3570k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Its a fault in clover v2999 and above, they use a new version of Vboxhfs, which seems to generate a 'ghost' boot for windows on all EFI partitions.

Swap the Vboxhfs file for HFSplus and it goes away.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh , yes I sen but I don't know hot to tel to clover "I want to hide this one" , because the one I want to hide avec the same GUID of my mackintosh volume :roll2:.

Use a custom entry (hidden) to specify both the GUID and the path.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Its a fault in clover v2999 and above, they use a new version of Vboxhfs, which seems to generate a 'ghost' boot for windows on all EFI partitions.

Swap the Vboxhfs file for HFSplus and it goes away.

can you make a screenshot of that ?
It will be very helpful for me.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H 16Gb
CPU
Intel 3570k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A screenshot of what? if you don't know how to copy and delete files what are you doing trying to maintain a hackintosh.

In your Clover boot directory goto EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and replace the VboxHFS.efi file with HFSPlus.efi file.

HFSPlus.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.