Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z370N
CPU
Intel i5 8600k
Graphics
GeForce 1060 3G OC
Heya! im rather new to the hackintosh comminuty, been learning alot from these forums.
decided to go for the following build:

INTEL 3570K : IVY BRIDGE, CORE I5, S1155, 3.4Ghz

GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H

2x ADATA XPG GAMING SERIES 4096MB DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5V

FRACTAL DESIGN CORE 1000 + ENERMAX NAXN 450W

ADATA SSD SP900 SATA3 2.5" 128GB

i read its a stable, easy to set-up system, which is important for a newbie like me :)
i consider to get a video card - so i can play some non-heavy games (WoW style), but i dont know which one to pick - i want to retain as much complexity as possible in the system setup.

how does a video card make the installation process different? is it the same? i saw people running with boot commands and i was not sure when it is required or not?
also - which video card i should get for my needs? (non-heavy games, easy to setup, less complexity on making the system work).

Thanks alot, you guys are awesome! :)

Heya! im rather new to the hackintosh comminuty, been learning alot from these forums.
decided to go for the following build:

INTEL 3570K : IVY BRIDGE, CORE I5, S1155, 3.4Ghz

GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H

2x ADATA XPG GAMING SERIES 4096MB DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5V

FRACTAL DESIGN CORE 1000 + ENERMAX NAXN 450W

ADATA SSD SP900 SATA3 2.5" 128GB

i read its a stable, easy to set-up system, which is important for a newbie like me :)
i consider to get a video card - so i can play some non-heavy games (WoW style), but i dont know which one to pick - i want to retain as much complexity as possible in the system setup.

how does a video card make the installation process different? is it the same? i saw people running with boot commands and i was not sure when it is required or not?
also - which video card i should get for my needs? (non-heavy games, easy to setup, less complexity on making the system work).

Thanks alot, you guys are awesome! :)

First, try using the HD4000 for your games. For most games and steam, the HD4000 is adequate. If you find it isn't working with some of your games, then you can consider a GPU.

First, try using the HD4000 for your games. For most games and steam, the HD4000 is adequate. If you find it isn't working with some of your games, then you can consider a GPU.

Heya! will try that :) but incase i will not be satisfied with the HD4000 power, what GPU would you recommend (for my system and needs)?

I definitely recommend that you get the GTX 660 Ti.

I definitely recommend that you get the GTX 660 Ti.

Thanks for the help! can you recommend a bit lower-cost card though? think this is an overkill for my needs :)

I have the GTX 660 (non Ti) which is cheaper than the 660TI, but I can't say I'm over the moon about it. It works fine but I don't really see it as being a quantum leap from the ancient graphic card in my 2009 imac (Radeon 4850, I believe.) The only game I play at the moment is Borderlands 2, which works fine on the iMac and whatever minor improvements I get with the 660 - texture detail, higher res - don't radically improve the game, in my opinion. Maybe if i'd spent more on an ever better card I might be impressed. Dunno...

If I were building another hackintosh I'd try the GTX 650. I haven't ever used one so this isn't a recommendation, but it's 100 Euros cheaper than the 660 and I am sure it's perfectly adequate for my (and your) modest gaming needs.

Though it could be too wimpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back