Contribute
Register

MVC reports Titan X is fully functional with newest Web Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Titan X installed with the latest nVidia web driver (343.02.02f04) and it's not working for me. It was previously working with a GTX 980, so I am not sure what the issue is. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Scratch that. Clover usually allows me to select the driver from the preference pane, but for whatever reason that has stopped working. Setting nvda_drv=1 and rebooting brought it to life.

For anyone interested in using this card in a Davinci Resolve setup:

I've got 2 x GTX 780 6gb and here's how they stand up in the Standard Candle Test vs the Titan X 12gb:

...............................Titan X ................... 2 x 780 GTX 6gb (evga SC)
9 Blur Nodes .................24 .............................24
18 Blur Nodes ............... 24 ............................24
30 Blur Nodes ...............13 ..............................19
66 Blur Nodes ............... 6 ............................... 9

2 TNR Nodes ................. 24............................ 24
4 TNR Nodes................... 9 ............................ 17

These are all FPS, if you're familiar with the test you'll understand the importance...

Decent card but you can pick up the 780 GTX 6gb for around 450 now (if you can find it) and the Titan X is 1000$...Seems like a no brainer still...2 x 780 GTX 6gb are significantly more powerful in this setup.

jb

IMHO I'd drop that kind of cash I would wait until the spring release of 10.10.3 and see how long before Nvidia puts out drivers for the new kernel. Currently, if it doesn't work on the OS X drivers all you get is a black screen and they're only somewhat accommodating to Nvidia gfx.UPDATE: I've rolled the build ver. back and the driver will work with the latest release. Apparently it doesn't require the full build ID. Edit at S/L/CoreServices the SystemVersion.plist and remove the end of the build identifier. example: 14D105g - edit to: 14D . Repair permissions and restart. If the drivers still aren't working, remove and re-install them and reboot. Everything is now fully supported.Happy Hacking :)Don

For anyone interested in using this card in a Davinci Resolve setup:
jb

What web driver are you using? I heard that the very latest doesn't get Resolve to recognize the card as a CUDA GPU.

I ordered a Titan X and put it into my Mac Pro, was able to boot, but was not able to run 4k60, So I am sending my card to MacVidCards to be flashed so I can run 4k60.

I will keep everybody posted, but it may seem if your running 4k resolutions you will need to get your video card flashed to get 4k60 to work.

Unfortunately, having MacVidCards flash the thing only solved one problem, and that is now I can see the white screen with the apple logo.

I still cannot run my monitor @ 4k60hz. Work fine with a 2013 Mac Pro, and my 2015 Macbook Pro 15 inch, but will not work in the 2010-2012 Mac Pro with any combonations of video cards.

Appears that MacVidCards in general only allows support for SST 4k60, not MST 4k60. (Single Stream vs Multi Stream). So if you have the Dell 321 Monitor or any combination of that, it uses MST to accomplish 4k60, 1.2k down the trash I suppose... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back